Windows 10: Desktop App disconnected? And other issues

Discus and support Desktop App disconnected? And other issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've came across a weird new Windows issue since the latest update yesterday. When I first turned my PC on my desktop was completely black and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DorianOtten, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Desktop App disconnected? And other issues

Hi, I've came across a weird new Windows issue since the latest update yesterday. When I first turned my PC on my desktop was completely black and my toolbar was flashing but not letting me select anything. I found a thread here on this forum that suggested rebooting in safe mode by right clicking on the restart button (since I could still lock the screen). That worked to an extent. It got me to my desk top but it was a basic set up. It then suggested a clean boot. I tried by following the instructions (Sorry I can't link to it since I'm typing this on my phone) and I hid all Microsoft apps and disabled all. Then when I went into the task menu to disable the start up apps there 1 couldn't be (avg and there was 2 identical apps and the other could be disabled). I proceeded anyway and when I restarted and as of right now when I log in I get a black desk top with that I can't change (it says the app isn't installed or can't 've found) and I can't search or view my files from the tool bar. And while the short cuts on my desk top can be selected most don't respond. I can get into my computer by the recycle bin short cut then selecting a drive. Also the list of drives is missing my C and E drives (I have a partition) but has my F (external drive). It seems like my PC can't detect apps or folders on my harddrive or something. I can manually navigate my C and E but can't search or anything. Does this ring a bell for anyone? I've tried PowerShell to scannow and that said it fixed some corrupt file but no change. Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

:)

DorianOtten, Jun 22, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop App disconnected? And other issues

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

Desktop App disconnected? And other issues

1. Desktop App disconnected? And other issues - Similar Threads - Desktop App disconnected

2. Moving desktop to other drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop to other drive issue: Hello everyone,I recently change my ssd due to hardware failure. My new ssd showed 2 driveLocal C and Local D which has the same storage spaces of 250gb. I've heard over the internet that some people locate their personal files on the Local D drive, while locate all the...
  3. Moving desktop to other drive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving desktop to other drive issue: Hello everyone,I recently change my ssd due to hardware failure. My new ssd showed 2 driveLocal C and Local D which has the same storage spaces of 250gb. I've heard over the internet that some people locate their personal files on the Local D drive, while locate all the...
  4. Moving desktop to other drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App Icons showing on other desktop??

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Icons showing on other desktop??: So I have two desktops open the first desktop has google chrome, word, etc. When I switch desktops by pressing ctrl + windows key + right arrow the app icons still show on the other desktop. this is very annoying. here are some screenshots If you are confused here is a...
  6. "Disconnecting" Issue with Airpods (and other bluetooth audio devices)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Disconnecting" Issue with Airpods (and other bluetooth audio devices): I've been experiencing issues very similar to the ones experienced by another user in the following post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9x3uje/unacknowledged_windows_1809_bluetooth_disconnect/ with one exception, my airpods will experience this same lack of...
  7. Disconnect a "account used by other apps"

Disconnect a "account used by other apps": I want to log out from a account, but Windows controls me so I can't. I go to Windows settings, accounts. then email & accounts, accounts used by other apps. I press on the account I want to remove, but there's only a manage button. I tried to close/delete the account...
  8. Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows

Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows: When I open an app or a menu , the bottom half of the screen often turns white and covers part of the app. This seems to happen more often when accessing apps from the search bar which also moves to the top part of the screen when clicked. I have tried looking on other sites...
  9. Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.: Hello. After months of normal use, I booted yesterday my pc and when I logged into my profile, the desktop started flashing constantly, like it's refreshing every 2 seconds. My cursor is a constant spinning wheel, and I can't click anything. I also noticed that the disk usage...
  10. Calculator and other app issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator and other app issues: I recently had an update installed on my laptop for windows 10 before the update I could open up my calculator app and other apps with no issue now that the update is installed I get the error message shown here Screenshot for multiple apps, I browsed the forums and found a...