Windows 10: Desktop Arrangement

Discus and support Desktop Arrangement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody! Today I encountered a problem: Windows 10 automatically arranges my desktop after using full screen apps. A dont know what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheStrangeTeste, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Desktop Arrangement

Hello everybody! Today I encountered a problem: Windows 10 automatically arranges my desktop after using full screen apps. A dont know what is happening and what to do. Please help.

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Jun 23, 2016

2. CANNOT ARRANGE ICONS AS I WANT

in desktop and explorer. even if I untick the auto arrange in the desktop I cant arrange them here and there, and in the explorer I cant arrange then except by name and only in details view

IsuruMuthumal, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Can the icons on the desktop be frozen so they don't move around sporadically?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Community.

From the issue description I do see that you would like to freeze the desktop icons to avoid them move around sporadically. You cannot freeze the icons in the customized location, but you can auto arrange the icons on the desktop. To arrange icons by name,
    type, date, or size, right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click
    Arrange Icons. Click the command that indicates how you want to arrange the icons (by Name,
    by Type, and so on). If you want the icons to be automatically arranged, click
    Auto Arrange. If you want to arrange the icons on your own, click
    Auto Arrange to remove the check mark.

Do get back to us so that we can assist you efficiently

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 23, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Desktop Arrangement

right click desktop/ left click view/ unclick auto arrange icons

wyldman68, Jun 23, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    There is a whole, long thread on what you are seeing.

PJLLB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Arrangement

1. Desktop Arrangement - Similar Threads - Desktop Arrangement

2. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  3. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  4. New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons: Everytime I save a new file to the desktop, the icon for the file places itself in the top left spot and re-arranges the existing order. -I have unchecked the "Auto arrange icons" options. -The "Allow themes to change dektop icons" boc is also unchecked. -All the Display...
  5. New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons

New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons: Everytime I save a new file to the desktop, the icon for the file places itself in the top left spot and re-arranges the existing order. -I have unchecked the "Auto arrange icons" options. -The "Allow themes to change dektop icons" boc is also unchecked. -All the Display...
  6. How adding desktop using Task View and arranging multiple windows are different in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How adding desktop using Task View and arranging multiple windows are different in Windows 11?: Hi,In Windows 11, virtual desktop can be added by Task ViewAnd multiple windows can be arranged asHow both are different? With RegardsNndnG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-adding-desktop-using-task-view-and-arranging/a7933598-6df5-4cf9-a56e-b82313c062da
  7. How adding desktop using Task View and arranging multiple windows are different in Windows 11?

How adding desktop using Task View and arranging multiple windows are different in Windows 11?: Hi,In Windows 11, virtual desktop can be added by Task ViewAnd multiple windows can be arranged asHow both are different? With RegardsNndnG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-adding-desktop-using-task-view-and-arranging/a7933598-6df5-4cf9-a56e-b82313c062da
  8. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I have two problems, maybe the problem sources are same.1 The icons I have added to my taskbar are disappearing. For example I have added Excel, Outlook, Word. When I restart the computer, they are not there. However, by searching I find Excel.exe, right click, remove from...
  9. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I have two problems, maybe the problem sources are same.1 The icons I have added to my taskbar are disappearing. For example I have added Excel, Outlook, Word. When I restart the computer, they are not there. However, by searching I find Excel.exe, right click, remove from...
  10. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization