Windows 10: Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore since last MS update on July 19

Discus and support Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore since last MS update on July 19 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; since the last MS update, installed July 19, Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore; now it is impossible for me to make backups!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdLemaire, Jul 20, 2018.

1. EdLemaire Win User

Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore since last MS update on July 19

since the last MS update, installed July 19, Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore; now it is impossible for me to make backups!

:)

EdLemaire, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Helmut Win User

Toshiba Service Station

I am using a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 10, different model, and that is the version of the Toshiba Service Station I have installed, carried over from Windows 8.1.
    The Desktop Assist is the Windows 10 version from Toshiba, one of the list of Windows 10 updates from their support site for supported models. I installed that for Windows 10. It is from that to the Service Station.

There is a fair old list for your particular model you may need these as well (guesswork list to be honest):
    Toshiba System Driver, Toshiba System Settings, Toshiba System Settings Utility, Utility Support Driver, Toshiba Desktop Assist,....
    The latest version they list.

The reality is that Toshiba updates seem to come via Windows updates now, so I'm not so sure it is much use. However it is there and it appears to work on mine. I got UEFI/BIOS updates via it during Windows 8.1.
    But nothing during/since Windows 10, they came via Windows 10 updates.

Helmut, Jul 20, 2018
  3. My Toshiba laptop can't find the DVD Drive or the Web Camera. Please Help

Under Device Manager Properties for the DVD Drive: TSST corp CDDVDW TS-633C "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" There is no camera listed anywhere except
    where it appears above the screen.

This Toshiba Laptop L500 started as Windows 6 (Vista) purchased as Windows 7 updated automatically and in full use now 6 years old. Updated to Windows 10 last July and again recently (June 2016) it's a 32 bit intel CORE i5

Your assistance is appreciated. Can you help?

IainMiddleton, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore since last MS update on July 19

Toshiba Service Station

@Helmut, since you are familiar with Toshiba... am I supposed to download and install the 9/21/2016 drivers.

Jesse Williams, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore since last MS update on July 19

1. Desktop Assist on my Toshiba laptop will not start anymore since last MS update on July 19 - Similar Threads - Desktop Assist Toshiba

2. Since the last update the home folder isn't working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last update the home folder isn't working anymore: Once there was this amazing quick menu on top of your folders tree on the left of the Windows explorer. What a joy that was. Then this "briljant" "improvement" came where you got this always collapsed home folder. Since the last update two days ago this has stopped working...
  3. Since the last update the home folder isn't working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last update the home folder isn't working anymore: Once there was this amazing quick menu on top of your folders tree on the left of the Windows explorer. What a joy that was. Then this "briljant" "improvement" came where you got this always collapsed home folder. Since the last update two days ago this has stopped working...
  4. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  5. Battery draining since last Windows update..on a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery draining since last Windows update..on a desktop?: I read somewhere this happens because you're plugged into a UPS. Is it..draining my UPS and about to shut down when it counts down to zero? Because it's been dropping in battery charge all day long, and..it's plugged in. What the heck battery is draining!? submitted by...
  6. Wireless & Bluetooth function not there anymore since last updates/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless & Bluetooth function not there anymore since last updates/: I have a ROG Maximus XI extreme with an Intel Wireless AC 9560 chip on board. 2 days ago i was listening to music on my Bluetooth headset without any trouble. Yesterday I tried to use my headset again with my computer and I couldn't get connected. I have check everything....
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Laptop refuses to start up since last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop refuses to start up since last update.: Today, July 13 2019, I manually ordered my laptop computer to check for windows updates, and installed all available updates. Since then, every time I start up my laptop, I get the below error message: [ATTACH] Restarting the computer doesn't solve the problem. I saw no...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538