Windows 10: Desktop Background doesnt hold correctly

Discus and support Desktop Background doesnt hold correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Set a desktop background as part of initial setup. Picked a photo of my daughter and used the fill option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robdev, Dec 17, 2015.

1. robdev Win User

Desktop Background doesnt hold correctly

Have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Set a desktop background as part of initial setup. Picked a photo of my daughter and used the fill option to display the image correctly on the screen.
    Every day, the background image gets set to a stretched version of the image(that doesnt actually exist anywhere) and I have to reset to the correct image file and set back to fill.
    Any idea if this has been reported as a bug?

:)

robdev, Dec 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 bug report - Bounding box rectangles create make random pixels appear

In Windows 10, when I draw a bounding box on my desktop (drag the mouse while holding the button down), when I release the mouse, the stretching rectangle bounding box does not erase correctly. Some of the pixels in my desktop background remain the color
    of the bounding box rectangle, and some of the pixels on the background magically change color.

This messes up the desktop and requires me to refresh the background before proceeding to restore the background correctly.

This is a bug in Windows 10.

I wondered if anyone else has noticed this problem.

Donald L.Ensley II, Dec 17, 2015
  3. SJames315 Win User
    Windows 10 desktop background

This doesnt work. I've tried this and the picture i select doesnt appear as my background. I still have the same blue background with no picture.

SJames315, Dec 17, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, is Settings, Personalisation, Background (& scroll down to Choose a fit) set correctly?

dalchina, Dec 18, 2015
  5. JusSko77 Win User
    Since the update this week, It's been giving me an issue on my rig as well.
    Running dual screen, do the usual c:>windows>web>wallpaper>windows>desktop
    cntrl select two pics and set to desktop.
    about ten minutes later, the desk top starts changing.
    Went into settings, personalzation, change background to picture.
    Again 10 minutes later, desktop is changing pics and under personalzation, it's flipped from picture to slideshow.
    After going throw this 6 or so times, said **** it and set the desktop to solid color.

Of topic, getting tired of after ever update from M$, I have to go back into the privacy and turn everything off again.

JusSko77, Dec 19, 2015
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    Yes I'm getting tired of this too. It even turns on seeding with a metered connection. Durn MS

SonicBlue, Dec 19, 2015
  7. Interesting, it does not happen on mine, it seems, that I have finally tamed the beast. *Smile

You can try to use this bat as a work-around, till MS fix it, run it manually or set it to run at startup.

Change the value "WallpaperStyle" to your desired setting.
    WallpaperStyle = 10 (Fill), 6 (Fit), 2 (Stretch), 0 (Tile), 0 (Center).

TairikuOkami, Dec 19, 2015
  8. JusSko77 Win User

You've peaked my interest, How in the hell have you managed to do that?

JusSko77, Dec 20, 2015
  9. Maybe disabling some customer experience things did the trick. Check my Windows 10 tweaks link in a signature.

TairikuOkami, Dec 20, 2015
  10. Preppy Win User
    Are you using multiple machines? Might want to turn off theme roaming if so in the Settings application under Account Settings under Other options or so.

Preppy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Background doesnt hold correctly - Similar Threads - Desktop Background doesnt

2. Sound doesnt switch correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound doesnt switch correctly: I often switch from using headphones to using a Bluetooth speaker. When I do this, I goto the speaker button on the taskbar and switch from speaker to headphones or vice versa. It will work however, If I have an application already running the application sound will not...
  3. Sound doesnt switch correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesnt switch correctly: I often switch from using headphones to using a Bluetooth speaker. When I do this, I goto the speaker button on the taskbar and switch from speaker to headphones or vice versa. It will work however, If I have an application already running the application sound will not...
  4. Sound doesnt switch correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background: Hello my pc background changed while my pc was turned off.And it is a troll picture so someone who knows me made it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/7bf70d62-fda5-4554-8311-eccfe79d0bf2
  6. desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop background: I want to display my photo as a background on the desktop. It is important to have the photo fully displayed. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/9c674a73-e7e4-4f38-a1c5-007e31f9b60b
  7. Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly

Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly: My rotating desktop backgrounds using my own photos quits and displays a plain green background until I select the next background. Why is it automatically stopping and moving to a generic background?...
  8. desktop background

desktop background: How do I keep as my desktop background the beautiful pictures that seem to come from webshots? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/b4ad2c56-14e3-4004-bcb4-b780fc75c0bd
  9. background colours correction

background colours correction: I recently asked about changing/correcting background colours... was unable to thank the person who answered me, as I had mistakenly deleted his answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-correction/4404cf97-b832-42e7-8a2c-0b7329c63179
  10. Desktop Background

Desktop Background: Hi Microsoft Team, I'm Vansh, a very frequent customer and faithful one too of yours. But I'm facing a problem now. I've tried each and every size of image on my desktop background but it still becomes blurry, no matter it is equal to the resolution of screen (resolution/size...