Windows 10: Desktop background randomly goes completely black

Discus and support Desktop background randomly goes completely black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think there were already signs of this bound to happen when I noticed a while back that my desktop was refreshing randomly, but I didn't really make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xelvania, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Xelvania Win User

Desktop background randomly goes completely black

I think there were already signs of this bound to happen when I noticed a while back that my desktop was refreshing randomly, but I didn't really make anything of it. I've done numerous virus scans with everything updated via Malwarebytes Premium and my own Windows Defender Program and it always tells me I'm clean. Now, my background on my desktop just goes black randomly and a way to fix it is to just refresh the background and my wallpaper comes back...Also, sometimes when I click and hold down my left mouse button and drag to create a box on my desktop, it'll create blackness instead of being transparent like it usually is and the black stays. Can anyone please help me? This is starting to bug me real bad. I have everything updated. Windows 10, my graphic card's drivers, everything. Really not sure what in the hell is causing this..

:)

Xelvania, Dec 9, 2017
  2. JATPENG Win User

Right Clicking Next desktop background not working in Windows 10

I have the same issue and sfc /scannow completes without any issues identified. Not sure what to do with the reference to msvcp_win.dll in the instructions above?

Slideshow does not change when I right click and choose the Next Desktop Photo option. The only way I can change the desktop imiage is to right click choose Personalization and wait till it changes and then close it. I have the interval set to 1 minute.

When this started happening, the icons on my Desktop started to randomly change to black boxes or get messed up completely and the desktop image disappears and is left with a black background. If I Log off and log on the Desktop returns to normal for a
    few minutes.

JATPENG, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Franchek Win User
    Windows 10 Background Disappears?

Hello, as of my last background switch my computer's background just randomly goes black. It happens every thirty minutes or so and is extremely annoying. I've tried other things that I've seen here on these forums and on other ones to no avail. Any help
    would be appreciated.

Franchek, Dec 9, 2017
  4. Xelvania Win User

Not sure how to edit my post (can't find an edit button anywhere), but here's a photo of my screen black and me dragging my mouse cursor while holding the left click down. Apparently, I start removing the black by doing this and it reveals my wallpaper, little by little. It's so weird and I don't know what is causing this.

Desktop background randomly goes completely black [​IMG]

Xelvania, Dec 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Desktop background randomly goes completely black - Similar Threads - Desktop background randomly

2. Background always goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background always goes black: Every 2-3 days my background for both my laptop and monitor go black when I'm doing something. This has been going on for months now and i still cant figure it out...
  3. Background always goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background always goes black: Every 2-3 days my background for both my laptop and monitor go black when I'm doing something. This has been going on for months now and i still cant figure it out...
  4. Background always goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display goes black randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes black randomly: My display goes black randomly, sometimes day apart, sometimes minutes, that forces me to restart whatever I'm doing to get the display back.It's not my Monitor since I swapped it out with a different monitor and it has the same issuesI looked into event viewer, and every...
  6. Windows background goes black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows background goes black: Well I was just using my pc and decided to get a new wallpaper for my background and was searching for some 1440p images until I got one I liked. I started using it until 1 hour after I hovered my icons in the desktop and the "box" they are in turned black while the icon...
  7. Computer randomly goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer randomly goes black: My computer will randomly go black while in use. The computer completely shuts down but immediately turns back on but the screen does not come back on. I have to unplug it and plug it back in and when I turn it on after that it goes to the BIOS where it says: Boot failure...
  8. Desktop Background Occasionally Goes Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background Occasionally Goes Black: Every now and then, my desktop background will go completely black for no apparent reason. The problem is triggered when the desktop is updated moving files onto it, selecting a region with the mouse, refreshing it, etc. The problem will solve itself with a restart or by...
  9. Desktop background randomly comes up black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background randomly comes up black: I have up to date version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 installed on Lenovo T520 8GB RAM. When installed, I set the Desktop background as a solid blue colour. Now, every now and then, the background is solid black after booting. Refreshing does not correct this. If I go the...
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640