Windows 10: Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Discus and support Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by uktigger, Jul 1, 2015.

1. uktigger Win User

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore?

Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8.

Steve

:)

uktigger, Jul 1, 2015

2. Slideshow set to fit big landscape images overflowing into 2nd and 3rd monitor

Which specific slideshow? Do you mean the desktop background slideshow, the screensaver slideshow, or the lock screen slideshow?

zachd [MSFT], Jul 1, 2015
  3. Rotating photos on the screen

heck if Desktop slideshow is turned on

Well, the desktop slideshow feature will not work if it’s turned off. So it’s important to make sure that the feature is enabled under Settings.

To check the status of desktop slideshow feature:

Step 1: Right-click on the empty area of desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Under the Background section, make sure that Slideshow option is selected.

Allow slideshow when on battery

With default settings, Windows 10 doesn’t automatically change the desktop background picture when your PC is running on battery power to improve the backup time. In short, the desktop slideshow doesn’t work when the PC is using battery power.

However, you can configure Windows 10 to allow slideshow feature when on battery by following given below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Turn on the option labelled Allow slideshow when on battery feature to force Windows 10 to automatically change the desktop background even if the PC is running on battery power.

Check the number of wallpapers in the selected folder

As you likely know, while enabling the desktop slideshow feature, Windows 10 asks you to select a folder containing pictures that you want to use for the slideshow feature.

If the slideshow is not working, make sure that the folder you selected has at least two pictures as Windows 10 can’t automatically change the desktop background if there is only one picture inside the selected folder.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 1, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

It's not there. Maybe they'll fix later on. They moved it to the settings app. No option to "SHUFFLE"

nt62, Jul 1, 2015
  5. uktigger Win User
    I noticed it had moved but not impressed about the lack of shuffle :-(

uktigger, Jul 1, 2015
  6. ossie Win User
    Thought it was me but having no shuffle is a backward step. My grandchildren used to watch waiting for a photo of themselves to pop up!

ossie, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I have same problem too.

FinalKenpachi, Jul 31, 2015
  8. ossie Win User

I downloaded and installed Background Switcher as it has loads of options and actually puts picture name in top right corner!
    Johns Adventures

ossie, Jul 31, 2015
  9. JoeShades Win User
    Great program! i gave up on the windows background switcher years ago. The lock screen slideshow suffles and the windows photo viewer but not the modern app or background switcher. amazing lack of consistency

JoeShades, Jul 31, 2015
  10. FinalKenpachi, Aug 2, 2015
  11. Drop this into the run command or a command prompt. " control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper "
    Should get you what you are looking for without reg-edits or third party programs. :-D

joeypent69, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Very usefuly thanks.

FinalKenpachi, Aug 4, 2015
  13. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Is it just me, or the shuffle algorithm seem to pick only a subset of all the images in the folder?

becritical, Aug 16, 2017
  14. I have mine running through about 1,500 pictures and have not had any issues with it being selective in any way....

joeypent69, Aug 16, 2017
  15. so you are saying that you have not noticed certain pictures appearing more frequently?

becritical, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Slideshow

2. Slideshow background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow background: I tried to change my background to a slideshow and it won't work. It is a brand new laptop with windows 11. I went to settings, then personalisation then background and selected slide show and selected a folder from my photos. I filled out the settings play on battery saver...
  3. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  4. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  5. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    background slideshow: when I choose a fit in background for the slideshow some of the pictures are no so good in that fit but it is the best over all. how do I preview for background for clarity of image and such. i don't want and shouldn't have to wait the duration or "change picture every" of...
  6. Slideshow for background

Slideshow for background: I want to use a slideshow for the background. I have 2 monitors. I would like each monitor to use a different picture of the slideshow. With Pictures, I can do it, but with a slideshow, I can't. Can somebody help me out?...
  7. background slideshow

background slideshow: unable to get slideshow to change background picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-slideshow/3292776d-7a0d-4056-a3e8-f2a64e6f89db
  8. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  9. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  10. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...