Windows 10: Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly

Discus and support Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Desktop Background set to change once every 6 hours. Most of the time it seems to behave itself. Sometimes, however, it can change several times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimD, Oct 19, 2015.

1. JimD Win User

Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly

I have Desktop Background set to change once every 6 hours. Most of the time it seems to behave itself. Sometimes, however, it can change several times in a short time. Three times in one hour, twice within 3 hours, etc.

At least twice, and perhaps more times, the background changed after I clicked an app on the screen -- Closing Firefox, for instance. It acts like my click changed the background. At this point I could not say, for sure, that it changes backgrounds while I am not interacting with Windows 10. I believe it does, but I will keep an eye on that scenario.

I have a folder in my documents directory with about 20 jpeg backgrounds. All are selected and, using the control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper shortcut, I have deselected "Shuffle". I am using a desktop PC that is typically on for 15 hours a day.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

:)

2. Rotating photos on the screen

heck if Desktop slideshow is turned on

Well, the desktop slideshow feature will not work if it’s turned off. So it’s important to make sure that the feature is enabled under Settings.

To check the status of desktop slideshow feature:

Step 1: Right-click on the empty area of desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Under the Background section, make sure that Slideshow option is selected.

Allow slideshow when on battery

With default settings, Windows 10 doesn’t automatically change the desktop background picture when your PC is running on battery power to improve the backup time. In short, the desktop slideshow doesn’t work when the PC is using battery power.

However, you can configure Windows 10 to allow slideshow feature when on battery by following given below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Turn on the option labelled Allow slideshow when on battery feature to force Windows 10 to automatically change the desktop background even if the PC is running on battery power.

Check the number of wallpapers in the selected folder

As you likely know, while enabling the desktop slideshow feature, Windows 10 asks you to select a folder containing pictures that you want to use for the slideshow feature.

If the slideshow is not working, make sure that the folder you selected has at least two pictures as Windows 10 can’t automatically change the desktop background if there is only one picture inside the selected folder.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Britomart Win User
    Is there a way to easily view file information for the photos that constitute my desktop background slideshow?

Hi!

I recently set my background to a slideshow of all my pictures; the slideshow randomly shuffles through the photos, which has been very fun and has (predictably) brought back a lot of fun memories. Sometimes, though, there are pictures I'd like to delete--for
    instance, the sign in the parking deck at the airport. Is there a way to press a button or two and find out just exactly where the picture I'm viewing is? I am using Windows 10 (I do have Windows Live Photo Gallery installed on my laptop because I liked it
    from previous versions of Windows; however, my sense is that Photo Gallery has nothing to do with my desktop background random slideshow).

Thanks!

Sandi

Britomart, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly

1. Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Slideshow

2. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  3. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  4. Background Slideshow not changing properly anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Slideshow not changing properly anymore: Up until two weeks ago, changing hkey_current_user\control panel\personalization\desktop slideshow\interval to 10000 decimal allowed your slides to change every ten seconds....this has worked forever. After the most recent update, the slides on my 3 monitors change every 30...
  5. Is there a way to randomly change the desktop background on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to randomly change the desktop background on startup?: I wrote a script to randomly change my desktop background, and it works. BUT, I can not get it to run through task scheduler or even the run console. Was able to get a shortcut to run it, but I can not get it to run automatically. I need it to run on startup, not logon, for...
  6. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  7. Desktop Background Randomly changing

Desktop Background Randomly changing: My Desktop Background keeps changing from the Wallpapers file I choose to a desktop background where it only shows a few of my pictures. All of your previous answers were for older systems and it seems over 50 people have asked similar question. Can we provide a step by...
  8. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  9. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683