Windows 10: Desktop Bar Problems

Discus and support Desktop Bar Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently updated my computer since there was an update. I am running windows 10, and the next day when I turned on my computer, the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AGNIDOX, Mar 13, 2016.

1. AGNIDOX Win User

Desktop Bar Problems

I have recently updated my computer since there was an update. I am running windows 10, and the next day when I turned on my computer, the windows start button on the bottom left doesn't open when I click it. The search bar next to it also doesn't work when I click on it. It won't let me type anything in. The volume button on the bottom right, the networking button next to it and the notifications also don't open when I click on them. I seems like the entire desktop bar doesn't want to work now.

Is anyone else getting this problem or knows how to fix this?

:)

AGNIDOX, Mar 13, 2016

2. task bar and apps not loading

Windows 10 upgraded without any problems and then ran wonderfully. Then this morning, my machine would not load the task bar and apps. I re-started it and the desktop loaded but the machine stalled at loading the task bar again. It spins for a while, goes
    to black, loads the desktop, stalls at the task bar, goes to black, loads desktop, stalls at task bar... over and over.

PeteMikkelsen, Mar 13, 2016
  3. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Mar 13, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Desktop Bar Problems

I have had a similar problem after an update but it was easily sorted by a restart. I'm not sure why this happens but in my case it seems that the Windows Shell Experience host stops working.

Once restarted you can view the Reliability History which sometimes gives a clue. Type reliability in the search box to bring this up.

philc43, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Bar Problems

1. Desktop Bar Problems - Similar Threads - Desktop Bar Problems

2. Desktop problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop problems: I was clicking on the desktop to collapse a notification. The background picture darkened and my icons disappeared. The start menu tiles filled the screen. I can navigate with difficulty. The apps start up in full screen mode. the buttons to shrink the screen or shut the...
  3. Language bar Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar Problems: I think easily one of the most frustrating things about the new Windows 10 is that the forced updates frequently crashes, forces complete clean reinstalls, and of more minor annoyances, disappears previously fully functional intuitive UIs. For example, the Language bar...
  4. task bar problem

task bar problem: I accidently moved my task bar, but would like it back to the original position on Windows 10, but can't figure out how to do so. I would really appreciate some help, thank you in advance. Christine...
  5. Task Bar Problem

Task Bar Problem: I keep losing my task bar on Windows 10... any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/task-bar-problem/cb13aad3-6be5-4ebb-ba3e-c1d8755b0412
  6. Scroll Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  7. Scroll Bar Problem

Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  8. Desktop problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Desktop problem: Hi all I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get to my desktop after waking it from sleep - when I did, the appearance was really weird with the start menu over-laid onto the desktop, with no desktop or taskbar icons showing. I managed to get the taskbar icons back by...
  9. Title bar problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Title bar problem: Hi, not sure this is the right place to post but the Microsfot forum is a mess IMO. This morning I've just "upgraded" to Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 10074), the installation went fine, and installing new gfx drivers was fine until just after the install process....
  10. Column Bar problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Column Bar problems.: I'm having a problem with the Column Bar in File Explorer. I like to show Backup Method in my backup folders along with Name, Date, etc. When I first installed Windows 10 it wasn't available in the drop down so I didn't think too much about it, but then a couple of weeks...