Windows 10: Desktop Bar Problems

Discus and support Desktop Bar Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently updated my computer since there was an update. I am running windows 10, and the next day when I turned on my computer, the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AGNIDOX, Mar 13, 2016.

1. AGNIDOX Win User

Desktop Bar Problems

I have recently updated my computer since there was an update. I am running windows 10, and the next day when I turned on my computer, the windows start button on the bottom left doesn't open when I click it. The search bar next to it also doesn't work when I click on it. It won't let me type anything in. The volume button on the bottom right, the networking button next to it and the notifications also don't open when I click on them. I seems like the entire desktop bar doesn't want to work now.

Is anyone else getting this problem or knows how to fix this?

:)

AGNIDOX, Mar 13, 2016

2. task bar and apps not loading

Windows 10 upgraded without any problems and then ran wonderfully. Then this morning, my machine would not load the task bar and apps. I re-started it and the desktop loaded but the machine stalled at loading the task bar again. It spins for a while, goes
    to black, loads the desktop, stalls at the task bar, goes to black, loads desktop, stalls at task bar... over and over.

PeteMikkelsen, Mar 13, 2016
  3. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Mar 13, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Desktop Bar Problems

I have had a similar problem after an update but it was easily sorted by a restart. I'm not sure why this happens but in my case it seems that the Windows Shell Experience host stops working.

Once restarted you can view the Reliability History which sometimes gives a clue. Type reliability in the search box to bring this up.

philc43, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Bar Problems

1. Desktop Bar Problems - Similar Threads - Desktop Bar Problems

2. Task bar problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar problem: Hi, Today I was unable to access anything from the task bar. There is only the "^" arrow for the hidden icons such as Security and Bluetooth and the OneDrive icon. The clock and calendar are gone as well. Literally nothing happens when I right-click on the taskbar. I'm able...
  3. Problems with task bar and bar above

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with task bar and bar above: While playing the task bar is shwoing up and this bar above with closeing button and minimalising button. I play on Windows 11 and I don't know how to fix it :...
  4. Problems with task bar and bar above

Problems with task bar and bar above: While playing the task bar is shwoing up and this bar above with closeing button and minimalising button. I play on Windows 11 and I don't know how to fix it :...
  5. Search bar problem

Search bar problem: I have a Lenovo laptop in the bottom bar next to the Windows icon the search bar search bar, but I can't use it. when I write something, there is no reaction. How could I solve this problem?...
  6. Search bar problem

in Cortana
    Search bar problem: I have a Lenovo laptop in the bottom bar next to the Windows icon the search bar search bar, but I can't use it. when I write something, there is no reaction. How could I solve this problem?...
  7. search bar problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar problem: This morning i started the pc i found that search is not working, when i click on it it doesn't open anything. I also found that in file explorer search option also not working. My laptop is ideapad 320 windows 10...
  8. Weird Bars on Desktop

Weird Bars on Desktop: Ok, so after a while these weird bars show up on my desktop and the icons disappear. When I do restart Explorer it does fix it but it is only temporary. Here is a photo of it. I put a circle of where it is.[ATTACH]...
  9. Search bar problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar problem: I have a problem with the search bar. It started a few days ago and it's still here and it's annoying. I cannot search for anything at all. Whenever I click on it, it starts up like normal waiting for me to type, but a few seconds later it closes out. When I go to click on it...
  10. White Bars on desktop

White Bars on desktop: I keep getting these white bars appearing at the top left of my desktop, they go away when i restart windows explorer, but is there away to stop them appearing at all?[IMG]...