Windows 10: Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Desktop just black after logging in after new Windows 10 update. How can microsoft keep doing, this releasing poorly finished automatic updates that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by N_HXO, Aug 28, 2018.

1. N_HXO Win User

Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update

Desktop just black after logging in after new Windows 10 update. How can microsoft keep doing, this releasing poorly finished automatic updates that renders computers uselss? Wasting my time and money when i should be running my business. It is absolutely pathetic.

:)

N_HXO, Aug 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 Black Background?

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps on how to troubleshoot black screen problems. Check on the links provided below:

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Aug 28, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update

Black screen after installing latest KB3105210 update

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the installation of the update.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which was the latest update being installed?
    • Are you able to access desktop/ log-in screen?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message along with black screen?
    • Have you tried to boot the computer in to safe mode and check if the issue persists?

If black screen error occurs before sign-in or after sign-in, I suggest you to refer to the below link and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update

1. Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Desktop black latest

2. Faded desktop background after latest Windows 10 feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faded desktop background after latest Windows 10 feature update: I just installed the latest Windows 10 feature update edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 2004, OS build: 19041.450, experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0. Now the desktop background is faded and grey. I don't like this, how do I make it as full colour and...
  3. No desktop after latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No desktop after latest Cumulative update: Hello, last night I updated to the latest cumulative update ( KB4565503), however when I started my PC today, all I am greeted with is a black screen. I can access the task manager with CTRL+ALT+DEL and can through that open up things like Firefox, a folder, etc. But I do...
  4. Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004): I installed the latest Feature Update, and like many recent posts, I've had a few bugs to contend with. One issue I'd love to resolve is the black desktop background. Usually, I have a folder full of downloaded photos that the desktop cycles through. I'd previously confirmed...
  5. Black Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Latest Update: After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10? Pat...
  6. Black Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  7. After latest Windows 10 Updates Remote Desktop no longer works...

After latest Windows 10 Updates Remote Desktop no longer works...: Windows 10 performed updates during the night... getting back into the classroom this morning none of the remote PCs can connect anymore. Had this at another school as well... Doing a restore to a previous restore point fixed the issue, but on this PC I have no restore point....
  8. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  9. Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update: Yesterday I switched on my Lenovo laptop and there were 2 horizontal black lines on the screen. One runs right across the screen and one is around 3cm long. They are of varying thickness and appear to change- possibly growing and becoming thicker. The previous time that I was...
  10. Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update: Hello, So yesterday I went to shut down my computer when Windows only gave me the option "Update & Shut Down" so I gave in and let it do its thing and update. I left it to update over night and came back this morning to a black loading screen with a little spiral spinning...