Windows 10: Desktop bug, no Eset in system, how to save desktop settings?

Discus and support Desktop bug, no Eset in system, how to save desktop settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today is 5/26/16. Bought HP laptop 64 bit mid-Aug 2015; loaded Win 10 that week. My system doesn't have Eset, so the "fix" isn't applicable. Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marthae, May 25, 2016.

1. marthae Win User

Desktop bug, no Eset in system, how to save desktop settings?

Today is 5/26/16. Bought HP laptop 64 bit mid-Aug 2015; loaded Win 10 that week. My system doesn't have Eset, so the "fix" isn't applicable. Win 10 won't save desktop views, fonts, folders, anything. Everything is always pushed left, in larger icons and all most software runs smaller fonts than I set up. Nine months later this crappy software doesn't have a bug fix? Any real world help out there. I'm not a geek, don't write code or know more than the average home office user of computers. Any fix for me? Veeeeerrrry frustrated & pissed off, would be grateful for some help. Thanks.

:)

marthae, May 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

The msinfo32 was in a foreign language and could not be scanned or read.

There were 11 BSOD mini fump files and all displayed bugcheck D1

When debugged they displayed 1 software driver: ehdrv.sys

The misbehaving software is part of ESET antivirus.

This was also displayed in the debugging but was not in outer database: em000k_64.dll

Plan:

1) Uninstall ESET using the ESET uninstall tool:

Uninstall ESET manually using the ESET uninstaller tool

2) Turn on Windows defender

3) Wait 2 weeks to see if there are any more BSOD.

If there are no longer any BSOD then reinstall ESET.

If there is a recurrent BSOD > uninstalle ESET and find alternative AV.

If there is no recurrent BSOD after reinstalling then continue using ESET.

If there are any more BSOD after uninstalling ESET perform the following steps:

1) change the default language to English:

Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10

2) Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste this whole command:

It will automatically collect: msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc. and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to post share links into the thread.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery
    /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg
    export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP
    GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

questions_, May 25, 2016
  3. Windows update error (0x80070422)

desktop-ltdglo7, May 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi you're obviously aware of the desktop icon rearranging issue, and seem to have read the long thread on this topic. Within that thread is mention of one or more small 3rd party programs that seem to help in retaining their positions.

E.g.
    and
    Desktop icons keep rearranging - Page 11 - Windows 10 Forums

It's not really worth starting your own thread on a much discussed issue, I'm afraid.

dalchina, May 25, 2016
  5. marthae Win User
    Well, Dalchina, the post you directed me to shows several fixes, with posters then saying they didn't work. And yes, I'll try the 3 suggestions I see that don't involve screwing around with the registry, including a 3rd party product from sillysot.com. And if none of them work, I'll come back here and hope someone has some other suggestions, cuz I really want this problem fixed.

But don't diss me for starting a thread on a much discussed issue, since THERE IS NO PLACE TO GO for a solution! This is a much discussed issue cuz MS/Win still 10 can't get their act together & support their own products! There are multiple threads, at least one is 49 pages, and the one you directed me to does not pop up and say 'here you go! MS addressed the problem and it's fixed!' Thanks for the link, and keep your drive-by slaps to yourself.

marthae, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop bug, no Eset in system, how to save desktop settings? - Similar Threads - Desktop bug Eset

2. Desktop HotTrack bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop HotTrack bug?: same question as this one check it for imagesdesktop hot track diffrent from file managerdesktop one looks like tracing without any colorsfor some reason i cant upload images...
  3. Opening Desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Desktop Bug: Hello MS User We Have a Something BugWhile Im trying to open desktopWatch here :https://youtu.be/Si6OuKL-3G0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-desktop-bug/d19720bf-c5e4-4755-bcf8-7a36563113f7
  4. Desktop screen bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop screen bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kgxn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/unblmw/desktop_screen_bug/
  5. Desktop/Fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/Fullscreen bug: I've been having this problem for a while now and I haven't found a solution. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it usually happens when I alt tab. It's only happened when I play league of legends or when I have discord open. Lets say I'm on chrome and I alt tab to...
  6. A desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A desktop Bug: I would like to through some light on a bug that I came across after my recent windows update. In this bug, whenever I start my Desktop sometimes my icons and sometimes my taskbar got stuck, I have to put to put it on sleep multiple times so as to overcome this problem. I...
  7. Minor Bug On Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor Bug On Desktop: Hi. I have just re-installed Windows 10 version 2004 on my laptop. After installing back my programs, and regrouping them into folders, I noticed that the Folder icons is not updated. Usually, when I put something into a folder, it would automatically update the icon to tell...
  8. how save clippings to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how save clippings to desktop: how to save clippings to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-save-clippings-to-desktop/8779834c-fb4d-4203-a224-fc6234fe7026"
  9. Desktop bugged and system restore not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop bugged and system restore not working: Alrighty, I will start from the beginning. I was making a minecraft texture pack and I had to extract a zipped folder, I accidentally extracted all of the files onto my desktop and my desktop proceeded go blank (other than the backround) i am using windows 10. I have tried to...
  10. Desktop BUG.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop BUG.: Before the my Hp laptop was reset, There's a Bug causing the Windows 10 desktop icon sketch and can't fit many icon as it will disappear due the screen resolution of it.I don't have any idea to fix it. [ATTACH]...