Windows 10: Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one

Discus and support Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had an all in one Canon that would print but when I tried to scan it would say scanning but not start. Program would say scanner not detected/turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobV, Apr 1, 2017.

1. RobV Win User

Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one

I had an all in one Canon that would print but when I tried to scan it would say scanning but not start. Program would say scanner not detected/turned on etc. Thinking printer was bad I bought a new Brother all in one and same thing.
    I have uninstalled/reinstalled over and over, tried the built in windows scan app and same result.
    I downloaded the ios Brother app and can scan when using my phone.
    It seems that my ethernet connected computer needs some setting turned on or else my router?
    Please help as this is driving me nuts!!

:)

RobV, Apr 1, 2017
  2. LeonRH Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update with Controlled Folder Access

I am running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update with Controlled Folder Access turned on. Now my scans from the Brother MFC-L2740 DW all in one printer are being blocked. The Brother printer has many exe files and i don't know which one to allow through
    the controlled folder access. Brother by default puts all scans into my pictures folder and that folder is protected by Controlled Folder Access. So i have to all the printer scan app through but which file to i allow through?

LeonRH, Apr 1, 2017
  3. wireless printing application

There is a free application called iPrint&Scan for Brother Printers. I know nothing about it except you need a Brother Printer.

Brother iPrint&Scan is a free application that lets you print from and scan to your Windows Phone 7 device. Use your local wireless network to connect your Windows Phone 7 device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. For a list of supported models,
    please visit your local Brother website.

Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 1, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

If you really want some targeted help, you will need to be more clear:

What is the make/model of your new printer/scanner?
    Do you have it hooked up directly via USB or via your router?
    Is this part of a home network setup?

The more detail you provide, the easier it will be for others to help you.

5. Berton Win User
    IF the new printer has an Ethernet port just plug it into the Router then install the software, it will search for the printer when you choose the Network install. I have an HP Officejet and an HP Laserjet connected that way, scanners in both work with the HP function AND the Windows Fax and Scan function in Start, All Programs, W section and Windows Accessories. There could be both the brand's drivers and TWAIN drivers installed.

Berton, Apr 2, 2017
  6. RobV Win User
    It is a DCPL2540DW all in one connected wirelessly to a Netgear R7000
    My desktop is connected to the router via ethernet.
    Printer works great it is the scanner that wont scan using any program from the desktop.
    I've set a static IP, opened necessary ports and tried just about every solution.
    The only thing I haven't tried from the Brother website was to setup the printer in a peer to peer network as I'm not sure how to do that.

RobV, Apr 2, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    I have an older Brother AIO connected wirelessly to my router. I am able to use the Brother software to scan files to a computer that also connects wirelessly.

Start>Brother Utilities>ControlCenter3

Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one [​IMG]

"File"

Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one [​IMG]

Did you install that software?

Downloads | DCP-L2540DW | United States | Brother

simrick, Apr 2, 2017
  8. RobV Win User

I finally figured out the problem. The Access Control program in the router was blocking the scanner part of the all in one.
    Now I need to figure out how to get both working together.

RobV, Apr 3, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Good you figured that out. Hope you get it working.

simrick, Apr 3, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    I would try and get it working first using a simple USB connection. I have a HP all in one printer/scanner which works fine via USB just using the default drivers installed by Windows 10.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2017
  11. I have an Epson L120 connected via a system unit. I can only print when the system is turned on.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one - Similar Threads - Desktop can't scan

2. Windows 10 and Brother all-in-one printer/scanner.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Brother all-in-one printer/scanner.: How do I connect my Brother MFC-L2740DW scanner to my computer. I have tried adding drivers, etc. Please anybody got a clue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-brother-all-in-one-printerscanner/3df2db40-b8e0-4b39-a941-c922a8295f07
  3. camera can't be found on HP all in one desktop?

camera can't be found on HP all in one desktop?: Anyone else having problems with system camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-cant-be-found-on-hp-all-in-one-desktop/17bb12e2-f7cb-44fb-b639-321756acf0cd
  4. Hp All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp All In One Desktop: My desktop screen is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair and won't do anything else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-desktop/dcbebc8b-8157-4c1b-b69f-2567e27f26ea
  5. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  6. Unable to scan from my Canon MG5760 all in one printer.

Unable to scan from my Canon MG5760 all in one printer.: I can't scan form my Canon MG5760 all in one printer to my Laptop with Windows 10. I get an error message - Set the PC to start scan. How do I do this please?...
  7. Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan: Just bought and installed a new Brother multi-function printer tro replace a broken Canon printer. Installed the drivers and the printer is working fine. The scanned function works as well. But when I install "Brother iPrint & Scan", which is a software package that gives...
  8. How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10

How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10: I have a all in one brother printer. I can print but I cannot scan. How do I scan? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-from-my-all-in-one-brother-printer-i/f91f2877-3282-4520-a5ca-720c793b95ac
  9. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  10. Scanning on all-in-one EPSON WF2530

Scanning on all-in-one EPSON WF2530: The scanner on my printer creates a line on the center of the scanned image ONLY when using the ADF. I just updated the driver from EPSON, but it did not help. Any ideas?...