Windows 10: Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again

Discus and support Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently one of my friends called me and said that his desktop computer went black screen, then shut off and won't turn back on again. He gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by L Mttrs, Aug 15, 2018.

1. L Mttrs Win User

Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again

Hi,

Recently one of my friends called me and said that his desktop computer went black screen, then shut off and won't turn back on again.

He gave me a camera view of the back of it and the power source light was still on, but again, he couldn't turn the physical PC on again.

His specs are: 8GB RAM, 1TB Storage, CPU is an Intel Core i5 7th Gen. It's got four fans at least in it, and I wonder if one of the fans died and overheated or something. Here is a screenshot of it:Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again [​IMG]

:)

L Mttrs, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 15, 2018
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again - Similar Threads - Desktop Computer goes

2. Computer randomly turns off then on again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer randomly turns off then on again: Bought a new pc from techfast.Specs: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/666615Intel Core i5 10400F processorRTX 3070 Ti 8GB LHR graphicsGigabyte B560M DS3H motherboard16GB 3200MHz RAM500GB NVMe m.2 SSD750W 80 Plus Gold PSUMAG Forge 100R CaseAlso before crashing in event viewer...
  3. Computer randomly turns off then on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly turns off then on again: Bought a new pc from techfast.Specs: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/666615Intel Core i5 10400F processorRTX 3070 Ti 8GB LHR graphicsGigabyte B560M DS3H motherboard16GB 3200MHz RAM500GB NVMe m.2 SSD750W 80 Plus Gold PSUMAG Forge 100R CaseAlso before crashing in event viewer...
  4. Computer randomly turns off then on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop screen turns off and won't turn on again: Hello, Often, when I don't touch my laptop, the screen turns off and doesn't come back on when I press a key or move the mouse. It is not on standby. Only the screen turns off. I have to turn off the pc by keeping the on / off button pressed for the screen to come back on....
  6. Screen goes black, computer shuts off, then restarts. Does not seem associated with any...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black, computer shuts off, then restarts. Does not seem associated with any...: Screen goes black, computer shuts off, then restarts. Does not seem associated with any particular program. Random occurrence. There are no signs or other symptoms. Just black, off, and restarts. The restart doesn't bring up the start screen, it just stays black. I have to...
  7. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...
  8. screen goes black, peripherals shut off

screen goes black, peripherals shut off: I recently purchased a new motherboard, ram, processor, and SSD + win 10 to boot from. I installed my SSD and am running it alongside my old hard drive. My issue is that my screen and all my peripherals will randomly shut off for no reason. The computer is still on and the...
  9. pc turns in and goes to a black screen

pc turns in and goes to a black screen: Did reset and it never finished now it just goes to a black screen 88228
  10. Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly: So ever since I updated operating system to Windows 10, my HP Pavilion computer has been shutting down with no warning. And now my computer won't even turn on. My desktop does not overheat, the CPU and the Memory does not go over 50%, have not installed any new programs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer flashes black randomly then shut off

2. computer scrren goues dark and wont shut off