Windows 10: Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

Discus and support Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure what is causing it. Not sure what other information you all would need apart from what I'm pasting below. Microsoft Windows [Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoBloom, Sep 26, 2015.

1. LeoBloom Win User

Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

Not sure what is causing it. Not sure what other information you all would need apart from what I'm pasting below.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    NONE

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 0

I am running "High Performance" in Power Options and I have disabled "Allow wake timers." I have also unchecked “Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time” in Action Center Maintenance.

What is causing these wakes? Can it be a Sony blu-ray device connected to the same wireless network? That's the only thing that has recently changed that I remember.

:)

LeoBloom, Sep 26, 2015

2. My computer wake's up a couple minutes after when fall in sleep mode

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Click on Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2: Check for the issue in a Clean Boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or
    an update or when you run a program in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

* Place the computer in a Clean Boot and check if the issue is occurring due to any third party programs.

Follow the link to view the steps to perform Clean Boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer:
    Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 26, 2015
  3. geraldos Win User
    My computer wake's up a couple minutes after when fall in sleep mode

A couple minutes after putting pc to sleep it wakes up. I disabled mouse, keyboard, network card from being able to wake up the pc.

I used powercfg -lastwake shows Type: wake timer and Owner: [Process] device\harddiskvolume1\program files\diebold\warsaw\core.exe

Can I stop this from waking up my computer or uninstalling what ever this is?

Thanks!!

geraldos, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

1. Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes - Similar Threads - Desktop computer wakes

2. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has a DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start-up, but when I restart it's fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQXZQZhVteTSbYPQXF_Yuf43KNad9sjR?usp=sharing here is the minidump folder. I...
  3. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has a DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start-up, but when I restart it's fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQXZQZhVteTSbYPQXF_Yuf43KNad9sjR?usp=sharing here is the minidump folder. I...
  4. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup

Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup: Hey guys,Yesterday I began having a problem with my computer, a Dell Precision T7500 N-Series Tower Workstation from 2012 running windows 10. It currently crashes a few maybe 2 or 3 minutes after startup, but curiously only after signing in or running an onboard diagnostic...
  6. BSOD a few minutes after start up

BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start up, but when I restart its fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. Please ask me if you need more info, and thank you....
  7. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep: Upon waking, the computer is ok for a couple of minutes, and then freezes for a couple of minutes. Happens pretty much every time it wakes.The event logs list warnings that look like this:taskhostw 7484,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Michael...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep: Upon waking, the computer is ok for a couple of minutes, and then freezes for a couple of minutes. Happens pretty much every time it wakes.The event logs list warnings that look like this:taskhostw 7484,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Michael...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

10. Desktop computer wakes up just after suspension

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop computer wakes up just after suspension: Good day... I recently change my computer (I have an asrock z170 extreme 4 with a i5 6600k, 16 gigabyte of ram and a nvidia gtx 760) I also updated the OS from windows 7 to windows 10 pro. Everything is ok except that when I try to suspend my system it just wakes up a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.557] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Tony>powercfg /lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Wake Timer Owner: [SERVIC