Windows 10: Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

Discus and support Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure what is causing it. Not sure what other information you all would need apart from what I'm pasting below. Microsoft Windows [Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoBloom, Sep 26, 2015.

1. LeoBloom Win User

Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

Not sure what is causing it. Not sure what other information you all would need apart from what I'm pasting below.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    NONE

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 0

I am running "High Performance" in Power Options and I have disabled "Allow wake timers." I have also unchecked “Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time” in Action Center Maintenance.

What is causing these wakes? Can it be a Sony blu-ray device connected to the same wireless network? That's the only thing that has recently changed that I remember.

:)

LeoBloom, Sep 26, 2015

2. My computer wake's up a couple minutes after when fall in sleep mode

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Click on Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2: Check for the issue in a Clean Boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or
    an update or when you run a program in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

* Place the computer in a Clean Boot and check if the issue is occurring due to any third party programs.

Follow the link to view the steps to perform Clean Boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer:
    Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 26, 2015
  3. geraldos Win User
    My computer wake's up a couple minutes after when fall in sleep mode

A couple minutes after putting pc to sleep it wakes up. I disabled mouse, keyboard, network card from being able to wake up the pc.

I used powercfg -lastwake shows Type: wake timer and Owner: [Process] device\harddiskvolume1\program files\diebold\warsaw\core.exe

Can I stop this from waking up my computer or uninstalling what ever this is?

Thanks!!

geraldos, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

1. Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes - Similar Threads - Desktop computer wakes

2. waking up computer

in Cortana
    waking up computer: when i wake up computer i get running dots in cortana and browser search box continually , why is that ? or what can be done not to have that ? i usually do ctrl alt del and just choose cancel--then it stops...
  3. PC screen goes blank if left idle for few minutes. Computer doesn't wake up and needs a...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC screen goes blank if left idle for few minutes. Computer doesn't wake up and needs a...: Hello, I am running a windows 10 HP ENVY X360. I am having a particular issue from quite a long time. Whenever, I just leave my computer turned on for sometime and come back, the screen goes blank (the power button light illuminates and PC makes sounds, as in normal running...
  4. Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect: I have been using remote desktop for years without any issues. Several weeks ago after a windows update I cannot use my remote desktop outside my internal network. It works fine in the home & I connect with my ipad using mobile remote desktop. but when Im at work I can...
  5. Computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer wakes up: My computer keeps waking up on it's own after I put it to sleep. I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wakes-up/f04dadcd-e205-4f5d-b9c8-a4aab97f4895"
  6. Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup: Every time I start my computer, it just freezes a few minutes later. Anyone have any idea of what I could do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-on-freezing-a-few-minutes-after/fb76aaba-d92e-49c9-8d47-130100caaa40
  7. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...
  8. Desktop computer wakes up just after suspension

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop computer wakes up just after suspension: Good day... I recently change my computer (I have an asrock z170 extreme 4 with a i5 6600k, 16 gigabyte of ram and a nvidia gtx 760) I also updated the OS from windows 7 to windows 10 pro. Everything is ok except that when I try to suspend my system it just wakes up a...
  9. Laptop keeps waking up automatically after a few hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps waking up automatically after a few hours: After putting my laptop to sleep, it always automatically wakes up after about 4 or 6 hours. ive checked all power settings and even all wake timers in advanced settings have been fully disabled. This just started about a month ago and i havent changed any of the setting in a...
  10. Computer turns off after only a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off after only a few minutes: Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to NEVER. Yet, when i'm gone for 5-6 minutes, the computer just shuts down or something. I press buttons on my keyboard and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.557] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Tony>powercfg /lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Wake Timer Owner: [SERVIC