Windows 10: Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc usually starts up in less then 10 seconds. Sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes which then results in constant freezing once it's started. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by georgemaalouf, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

My pc usually starts up in less then 10 seconds. Sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes which then results in constant freezing once it's started. Then I proceed to shut down or restart my pc and after it's 'shut down' it comes up with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, then the computer reboots. Error also appears after restarting pc. Also, if my pc is left off for a while and I turn it on, it works fine.

MEMORY.DMP: Dropbox - BSOD.zip

:)

georgemaalouf, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Jermms Win User

[DPC_WATHCDOG_VIOLATION] Windows 10 - Trying to update drivers/Install new Driver

Hi guys,

I've been constantly having issues with my PC whenever I tried installing a few drivers.

1 - Intel Chipset Driver

2 - SteelSeries Engine 3

While set up, it just freezes and I get the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I tried doing a chkdsk and it ended up with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after checking 3%.

At times, I can't even restart my PC. It freezes at the 'Restarting' screen and I get the same BSOD again.

This is rather frustrating as I can't seem to identify the problem.

Here's the link for my dumpfiles. I hope they're the correct ones!

Dropbox - Link not found

Would be nice if I could fix this with your help. Thanks in advance!

Jermms, Oct 9, 2015
  3. GVT11 Win User
    Screen freezes constantly after latest update

Still freezing. Getting DPC_watchdog_violation. Thanks for working with me.

GVT11, Oct 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi georgemaalouf,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please read How to upload files

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION [​IMG]

Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION [​IMG]

axe0, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Desktop Constantly Freezing

2. Constantly getting dpc_watchdog_violation s.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly getting dpc_watchdog_violation s.: The issue seems to come and go but when it is here it usually happens when I go to load in a game. No game in particular, it can happen to any of them. My entire computer will freeze and I’ll still be able to move my mouse and hear the audio for another ten seconds and then...
  3. Constantly getting dpc_watchdog_violation s.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly getting dpc_watchdog_violation s.: The issue seems to come and go but when it is here it usually happens when I go to load in a game. No game in particular, it can happen to any of them. My entire computer will freeze and I’ll still be able to move my mouse and hear the audio for another ten seconds and then...
  4. Constant DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreens: Hello, I bought a new laptop a little over a month and a half ago, and I have been getting intermittent DPC watchdog violations with no conceivable cause for a while now. It's getting to be really annoying, and my options seem to be to either try to fix it here or RMA the...
  5. Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes

Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes: For some reason, my computer recently started experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSODs but could not create dump files. My Computer would also experience screen freezes that would leave my mouse still moving for a little while. Sometimes, during these freezes, my audio will...
  6. My desktop constantly freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop constantly freezes: Hello, my desktop meaning the part where it has the taskbar and the icons and stuff, not the actual computer, keeps freezing. If i have an app running for about 15+ minutes or just have my computer on for 15+ minutes, it will freeze. note: i have to update my pc, ill see if...
  7. Constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freezing: My PC freezes constantly, every 2 - 3 seconds. It only lasts half a second, but it happens so often it is almost impossible to use. This also causes the audio to cut out and glitch very frequently, and as a music producer this is extremely frustrating. Any help is much...
  8. PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...

PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...: For the longest time my PC's been randomly freezing, which results typically in almost a dozen BSOD a day, sometimes it takes 4 hours, sometimes 4 minutes. The most common error I get is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, although sometimes I also get UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, but that...
  9. BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Happens about once a day. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, although recently it has been while using Brave. I had a similar issue before which would happen while using Firefox or Chrome. I had installed Windows 10 on this machine as soon as it was available - BSODs...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing: Hello, For a few weeks now I have found my PC will seem to occasionally freeze unexpectedly and completely. Seems to happen while browsing the internet. I have to press and hold the power button to restart. Today was the first time it went to a blue screen. I didn't...