Windows 10: Desktop constantly refreshing

Discus and support Desktop constantly refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Noamz1, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Noamz1 Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the problem continues. During the system restore the following message appears: https://s14.postimg.org/a5lzonrsh/20161108_212000.jpg

I'm desperate, pls help!
    Thank you!

:)

Noamz1, Nov 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 Upgrade... now my desktop refresheds over and over again.

After the startup is finised, the desktop refresheds constantly. Each time it does it I loose control of the cursor. This is a nightmare! lol... Any suggestions?

GeoffreyChenworth, Nov 7, 2016
  3. JackwDay Win User
    Windows 10 desktop unstable after upgrade from windows 7

I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and the desktop is unstable. Constantly refreshing. Do i need to to back to Win7 or is there a fix?

JackwDay, Nov 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Nov 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Desktop constantly refreshing - Similar Threads - Desktop constantly refreshing

2. Constant refreshing-desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant refreshing-desktop problem.: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard/windows i don't really know te cause. Whenever i push "h" or "g" button my screen constantly refreshes itself but when i press "j" it stops, it's the same with "up arrow key" and "down arrow key" one starts refreshing the other stops...
  3. Desktop and Explorer Not Automatically Refreshing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and Explorer Not Automatically Refreshing: Hello, My computer (with Windows 10 Home) has been working fine until just few minutes ago when the desktop and explorer stopped automatically refreshing. What this means is that when I create a new folder, it doesn't show up until I manually refresh. When I delete a file,...
  4. Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.: Hello. After months of normal use, I booted yesterday my pc and when I logged into my profile, the desktop started flashing constantly, like it's refreshing every 2 seconds. My cursor is a constant spinning wheel, and I can't click anything. I also noticed that the disk usage...
  5. Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly: hie, im having a problem with my dell insipiron 14 3000 series whereby its constantly refeshing at the desktop screen almost at 10 second intervals or less. i cant seem to do anything about the problem as its not giving me enough time to open the taskbar and all. this...
  6. 1803 Desktop Refresh Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Desktop Refresh Problem: I installed 1803 from an ISO yesterday performing an upgrade from 1709 ?... and now I notice that the desktop icons and the taskbar refresh themselves frequently I read one user said every 2 mins that sounds about right... to me it seems as if Explorer is refreshing it's self...
  7. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757
  8. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing: I know this problem has been posted here a million times, but no other solution has yet worked for my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. It's been working mostly without a hitch, but I've run into the dreaded "constant...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop refreshing constantly...until it suddenly stops

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Desktop refreshing constantly...until it suddenly stops: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 7 about a month ago. Everything seemed to be working fine, although things seemed to be slowing down over the last week or so. Then yesterday the desktop and taskbar started endlessly refreshing so that I couldn't open anything. Managed...
  10. Desktop doesn't auto-refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop doesn't auto-refresh: Hello. Since I installed Windows 10 when it was released, every now and then my desktop doesn't refresh to include new items I've added. If I want them to show up, I need to press F5. Now, I've found something about changing a registry key (DontRefresh), but I can't find it,...