Windows 10: desktop crashes and task bar gone when on the internet

Discus and support desktop crashes and task bar gone when on the internet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; if I am on Chrome or firefox and I go to pull my task bar down, (as it is parked on the page top), it disappears and I have to close the browsers then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dhetman, Sep 8, 2015.

1. dhetman Win User

desktop crashes and task bar gone when on the internet

if I am on Chrome or firefox and I go to pull my task bar down, (as it is parked on the page top), it disappears and I have to close the browsers then click anywhere on the desktop, in which I get the new white screen of death, then the desktop reloads and everything is fine until I go on the net. This started today and here is some history, it is a home built pc running windows 10 64 bit, it has a 3.4 gig AMD cpu, 32 gigs of ram Zoltac 1 gig video card, 1000 watt pws, 1 optical drive, 4 internal 1T sata hard drives and a couple jump drives as well as web cam and a couple portable hard drives.
    I just noticed this start happening today, I restarted windows and it kept looking at the jump drives, failing them and then excepting them but it continues in a never ending crash loop. I did try to go to microsoft but kept getting a automatic login error, yet everything else works fine. There are no torrents on this unit and I use Macafee which is updated daily.
    I am wondering if there is a fix for this as my other computers are in limbo waiting for the windows 10 update, anyone else have this or know of a fix?

:)

dhetman, Sep 8, 2015
  2. BrenB15 Win User

Desktop and Taskbar missing

*Original Title: Desktop is gone

desktop is gone, so is task bar. I can only get to task mgr an there i stop, plz help

BrenB15, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Gbangers Win User
    Modern Setup Host has stopped working

IE has not gone (Yet) probably planned. But if you go to 'search type in "Internet Explorer", Then when it shows up top, right click and 'open location' right click on it and drag to your desktop.... then click 'Create shortcut here'

Viola internet explorer. You can then drag it down to the task bar next to the 'edge' icon. good luck.

Gbangers, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

desktop crashes and task bar gone when on the internet

1. desktop crashes and task bar gone when on the internet - Similar Threads - desktop crashes task

2. my icons in the desktop and task bar are gone. why and how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons in the desktop and task bar are gone. why and how can i fix it?: first all icons started getting a red cross on the lower right side than i read i need more cloede in one drive so i paid for more cload storage now some crosses not all are gone but my icons just turned into earth?...
  3. my icons in the desktop and task bar are gone. why and how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my icons in the desktop and task bar are gone. why and how can i fix it?: first all icons started getting a red cross on the lower right side than i read i need more cloede in one drive so i paid for more cload storage now some crosses not all are gone but my icons just turned into earth?...
  4. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  5. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  6. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  7. Task bar shows "no internet"even when internet is working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task bar shows "no internet"even when internet is working: I am using windows 10 which most of the times shows 'no internet access'on the task bar even when the internet works perfect. I am able to browse on most search engines ,but certain applications on my PC cannot access the internet at the same time. I can even download...
  8. Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!: The Volume icon on the task bar has disappeared. I cannot changed the volume! There is an ^ symbol now and that gives a box with a number of items I never use. How do I get the Volume icon back!!?...
  9. Pin from task bar to desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin from task bar to desktop?: I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the chrome on desktop is account 2 I want to pin account 1 google to desktop from taskbar TLDR, 2 chromes at the bottom, both...
  10. Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash: #Windows 10 Pro N after file explorer or some app lunched, some of my app icons from desktop and task bar have changed to Blank app icons. i tried many ways to solve this problem but didn't work. etc. - delete IconCache.db from C Drive, rebuild but it doesn't work. -...