Windows 10: Desktop disappearing

Discus and support Desktop disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro Tablet. Several months ago, and just yesterday I lost my desktop. Turned on the Tablet went to the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milford, Feb 13, 2016.

1. milford Win User

Desktop disappearing

Running Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro Tablet. Several months ago, and just yesterday I lost my desktop. Turned on the Tablet went to the desktop picture after signing in and ... nothing. No live panels, no desktop icons, the action center would not appear. Just the desktop picture. If I tapped on the picture, the icons would appear for a split second. Anything pinned to the bar along the bottom would work. I was able to get to system restore and restore to a couple of days ago. That worked.
    I have no idea what happened. Don't really know how to fix other than system restore. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any other way to fix?

:)

milford, Feb 13, 2016

2. Every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears

Original Title: Disappearing desktop

Since upgrading to Windows 10, every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears. How can I fix it?

Aussie Sue, Feb 13, 2016
  3. IB_990 Win User
    Desktop Icons keep on Disappearing after every re-boot.

Hello

I hope that someone can point me in the correct direction. My issue started couple of weeks ago, when after every reboot my desktop icons will disappear. I then right click on desktop / view / click on show desktop icons - after which the icons will display
    again. Sadly however, desktop icons will disappear again on my next reboot.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks

IB

Original title: Desktop Icons keep on Disappearing - Windows 10

IB_990, Feb 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Desktop disappearing

Besides system restore, I would suggest that you do a system image backup and store the file to an external hard drive.
    You can use it to restore your system if needed.

I had used that to restore my computer several times.

davidhk, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

Desktop disappearing

1. Desktop disappearing - Similar Threads - Desktop disappearing

2. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  3. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  4. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  5. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  6. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  8. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  9. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe
  10. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe