Windows 10: Desktop display

Discus and support Desktop display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Background color changed from white to black following forced update and now outlook and web pages have black backgrounds. How do I restore original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillHammett1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Desktop display

Background color changed from white to black following forced update and now outlook and web pages have black backgrounds. How do I restore original setting?

:)

BillHammett1, Aug 21, 2018

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 22, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Desktop display

Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Desktop display

1. Desktop display - Similar Threads - Desktop display

2. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  3. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  4. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  5. Multiple display of two desktop screen

Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  6. my current win 10 desktop display/image is the "Heart Nebula", but the caption, “Like what...

my current win 10 desktop display/image is the "Heart Nebula", but the caption, “Like what...: Microsoft is so screwed up, my current win 10 desktop display/image is the "Heart Nebula", but the caption, “Like what you see?" . . . says, "View of Montepulciano in Italy." How much does Microsoft pay these idiots????I mean, c’mon people, as a former database...
  7. my current win 10 desktop display/image is the "Heart Nebula", but the caption, “Like what...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my current win 10 desktop display/image is the "Heart Nebula", but the caption, “Like what...: Microsoft is so screwed up, my current win 10 desktop display/image is the "Heart Nebula", but the caption, “Like what you see?" . . . says, "View of Montepulciano in Italy." How much does Microsoft pay these idiots????I mean, c’mon people, as a former database...
  8. my current win 10 desktop display/image is the "Heart Nebula", but the caption, “Like what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?: I installed the MS Store version and the stand-alone version, but only on the stand-alone I can right-click Multisession Desktop and select Settings. Under settings, I can change the display configuration. However, that's not an option with the MS Store version [10.2.3]....
  10. Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?

Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?: I installed the MS Store version and the stand-alone version, but only on the stand-alone I can right-click Multisession Desktop and select Settings. Under settings, I can change the display configuration. However, that's not an option with the MS Store version [10.2.3]....