Windows 10: Desktop email client as a frontend

Discus and support Desktop email client as a frontend in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by crackhammer, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Desktop email client as a frontend

Hello folks,

There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for.

I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far smaller SSD and need to watch the size being used by the email client.

All I am looking for is an email client that acts as a frontend for the webmail. I do not want it to download anything locally, just connect to the webmail required and communicate with it for the tasks involved. I tried to figure out if such setting is present in Thunderbird but whatever I tried, nothing worked so now I have just given up on that.

Hence, looking for any application that does solely this job.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Jun 17, 2018
  2. Mustang Win User

Best alternative desktop email client

Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy.

Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail

Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? Desktop email client as a frontend :)

Mustang, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Johannes Win User
    Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Desktop email client as a frontend [​IMG]
    Maybe it is called with both designations WLM and Windows Essentials 2012? see part of my program list.

Johannes, Jun 17, 2018
  4. kelliann Win User

Desktop email client as a frontend

Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Johannes,
    Yes, you are exactly right. Windows Essentials contained several programs and one of them was Windows Live Mail.

kelliann, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Desktop email client as a frontend

1. Desktop email client as a frontend - Similar Threads - Desktop email client

2. email client problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email client problems: Whenever my email client tries to load emails from the servers I get authentication failure every time, I put it down to my particular client having problems but I've tried it with different clients now and I'm getting the same problemFair email for androidMailbird for...
  3. email client problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    email client problems: Whenever my email client tries to load emails from the servers I get authentication failure every time, I put it down to my particular client having problems but I've tried it with different clients now and I'm getting the same problemFair email for androidMailbird for...
  4. updating email client

updating email client: hiyaim getting the following error code when updating my yahoo account0x8019019awhat does it mean and how can i fix itthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-email-client/4a7c8754-087a-4e39-9ce6-35e9ee828797
  5. Windows Email Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Email Client: I use Outlook for my email client and have done so without a problem for twelve years. A few days ago I decided to also open a Windows email client and that is when my problem started. Once I did this all my Outlook folders where I store important emails disappeared and...
  6. POP3 email clients

POP3 email clients: I have Windows 10 Pro and I'm desperately trying to find a program that actually works using POP3. I've tried Yandex, Mailbird, (which I have paid full price for in 2016 and 2018 when it said POP3 with NO constructive help from them to get it to work) Thunderbird but have...
  7. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  8. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  9. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...
  10. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169