Windows 10: Desktop / Explorer delay after restarts

Discus and support Desktop / Explorer delay after restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some time now it's been taking > 30 seconds before Desktop or Explorer reacts. The desktop displays, and startup apps run, but tring to open an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJG, Jul 5, 2018.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Desktop / Explorer delay after restarts

For some time now it's been taking > 30 seconds before Desktop or Explorer reacts. The desktop displays, and startup apps run, but tring to open an app or Windows Explorer, or interacting with the desktop is taking a strangely longer time than before. Is this part of new anti-malware / hacking fixes?

:)

2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Jul 5, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

Yes, That was my post in 8 forum. However, step 5 in that post will not work with Windows 10. I updated here:
    Right Click on Desktop take long time to show up - Windows 10 Forums

In addition. Incompatible Shell extensions is one of the cause. Delay can be caused by other things such as:
    • Explorer is busy re-discovering the mapped drive because the DNS Cache was not up to date.
    • Corrupted Systems Files
    • Corrupted HD drives
    • External HD need time to wake up
    • Corrupted Video/Audio files which explorer is busy trying to build the thumb nails
    • etc...

It resolved by itself because the DNS was updated.

topgundcp, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop / Explorer delay after restarts - Similar Threads - Desktop Explorer delay

2. Windows Explorer Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Delay: I have an intermittent problem with Windows Explorer under Windows 11 21H2, 22000.739. When I attempt any operation it takes 1.5 minutes to complete file move, file delete, file rename. While this is happening there is no unusual disk or CPU activity, apps in other windows...
  3. Windows Explorer Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Delay: I have an intermittent problem with Windows Explorer under Windows 11 21H2, 22000.739. When I attempt any operation it takes 1.5 minutes to complete file move, file delete, file rename. While this is happening there is no unusual disk or CPU activity, apps in other windows...
  4. Windows 10 Restart Delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restart Delay: So i Got my new laptop this June. After i got my first Windows Update. My laptop takes like 5-10 Minutes to restart. it boots up normally in about 10 Seconds. Can u tell me why?My laptop is Acer Aspire 5 i5 11th Generation...
  5. Delayed Desktop Display Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delayed Desktop Display Time: My Desktop Windows 10 was running smoothly, until recently something happened, that it takes 5-6 minutes for the display to come up and then everything runs like normal. Previously the display would come within seconds. Please advise how to resolve this situation....
  6. Delayed Desktop Display Time

Delayed Desktop Display Time: My Desktop Windows 10 was running smoothly, until recently something happened, that it takes 5-6 minutes for the display to come up and then everything runs like normal. Previously the display would come within seconds. Please advise how to resolve this situation....
  7. Delayed "boot-up" on restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delayed "boot-up" on restart: Many times, not always when doing a restart or a start-up after a shutdown, after the "HP" logo comes up and the little dots spin circles for about 30 seconds the screen goes black and stays that way for an extended time. I can hear noise in the background like something is...
  8. delaying start-up and restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delaying start-up and restart: Hello, After installing the latest update on win 10 Pro version 1903 64 bit, namely KB4505903 and KB4508433 my start-up or restarting time increased from 52 sec to 171 sec. When asking for a restart the PC seems to fall asleep for 171 sec., wakes up and restarts as usual....
  9. Desktop icons rearranging after explorer restarts/reboot

Desktop icons rearranging after explorer restarts/reboot: Hi, My desktop icons keep rearranging after explorer restarts/reboots. My icons look like this after I arrange them [IMG] However, after I restart explorer/ reboot the computer, my icons look like this [ATTACH] The icons change their position Auto arrange icons is...
  10. Synaptics off after restart explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics off after restart explorer: Hello everybody, have a nice day =]] I found a problem in my pc (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ver 10586.104 [not insider]) that: When I start up computer, Synaptics startup too, and that what I want, but while playing some game, I have to adjust the resolution lower (HD), and...