Windows 10: desktop gadgets do not load on windows start-up

Discus and support desktop gadgets do not load on windows start-up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Since about a couple of days ago, every time I start windows, it does not load the desktop gadgets automatically. To temporarily solve this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lauraa, Jun 10, 2017.

1. lauraa Win User

desktop gadgets do not load on windows start-up

Hello,

Since about a couple of days ago, every time I start windows, it does not load the desktop gadgets automatically. To temporarily solve this, I have to type "desktop gadgets" in "Search the web and Windows", then click on "Desktop gadgets", the desktop gadgets windows pop-sup and then my two gadgets show up. They are the Slide Show and the Chameleon Weather. These used to load automatically at windows start-up, but now they don't. I have Windows 10 Home. Please help.

:)

lauraa, Jun 10, 2017
  2. LCromwell Win User

gadgets; clock is not working properly on Windows 10

every time I turn on my PC the clock from gadgets will not load. I then click my mouse on the desktop where the clock shows up. once the clock appears,the gadgets app shows up I click the X and the app closes leaving the clock open. Problem is the clock
    should auto load once installed. how do I get this to work like it is supposed to.

Original title: gadgets; clock

LCromwell, Jun 10, 2017
  3. gadgets

Hello

When I tried to to install gadgets again as you mentioned ,,, an message exists saying that I must first uninstall Windows gadgets and then install it again ,,,

So, do I have to uninstall windows gadgets first which was installed with windows , because I feel scare something wrong happens if I uninstall it ?

Waiting your help reply again before I do any thing,,,

Thanks for helping

mysterieuseabraham, Jun 10, 2017
  4. desktop gadgets do not load on windows start-up

Hi lauraa. Welcome to the TenForums @lauraa

It's likely you went through a major upgrade, likely Creators Update. I'm not 100% sure. You should be able to see your history in Settings, Update & security, update history.

Please have a look at these two threads.

Desktop gadgets

Windows 10 sidebar calendar and gadgets

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 11, 2017
  5. 8gadgetpack just recently had an update to version 23. So, if you were using an older version, you need to download and install the updated version.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

desktop gadgets do not load on windows start-up

1. desktop gadgets do not load on windows start-up - Similar Threads - desktop gadgets load

2. W10 desktop system gadgets,any?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 desktop system gadgets,any?: Hi guys. I want to monitor my PC system paramters like RAM,CPU freq/usage,GPU freq etc...via desktop gadget. I tried HWInfo gadget but it's gadget sucks. I have some old W7 system gadgets but I'm no sure if they are accurate with W10. I want it to run automatically when I...
  3. windows start-up & load-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows start-up & load-up: ever since i got my rtx 2070 super, i7 9700k 32 gb of ram pc, i hv been experiencing slow start-ups (ex: when entering my pw to get on my pc, it takes about 10 secs for the pw input thingy to pop-up)& extremely slow load-up speeds (ex: when getting onto my desktop, everything...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop icons not loads after start up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop icons not loads after start up.: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio PC running with Windows 10 OS. I am unable to use or do anything on my PC at the moment. After start up, non of the desktop or taskbar icons loads up on the screen. I have tried almost everything but nothing seems to be working. I am unable to...
  5. Desktop Gadgets turn ON/OFF (8gadgetpack)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Gadgets turn ON/OFF (8gadgetpack): Hello I have installed 8gadgetpack and I have question... is there any way how can I turn ON/OFF all gadgets on desktop at once with something like pressing one button ? EDIT: ok I found it pretty simple... 14875
  6. Desktop gadgets

Desktop gadgets: Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx 85116
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work: Hello, I am new to the forum, and I was wondering, why does the Weather gadget not work? I noticed on Windows 7 it doesn't work either. I recently downloaded "Desktop Gadgets" for Windows 10 like you would have in Windows 7. I do not know how to fix this. I like my...
  8. Desktop Gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets?: So I was poking through gpedit.msc looking for things to disable when I found: [img] I thought desktop gadgets were removed in Windows 8? To test it I enabled them, got my favorite .gadget. Nada. Is this for compatibility purposes or just another example of...
  9. Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?

Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?: Is there any way to get a Desktop Clock and Calendar like the Windows 7 gadgets? The other gadget I miss is All CPU Meter, any thoughts? 9514
  10. Icons on the desktop under gadgets

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on the desktop under gadgets: When I upgraded to Win 10 I just couldn't give up my gadgets so I use a gadget program called "8gadgetpak" now it works fine but I also find that if I create a new file or copy a file to the desktop it invariably ends up behind one the the gadgets, its like Windows does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop gadgets load at startup

2. Why do windows gadgets not start automatically