Windows 10: Desktop Icon disappears

Discus and support Desktop Icon disappears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to research this issue for a small software company I work for. one of the most common issues I seem to see lately is that our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcastillo623, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Desktop Icon disappears

Hello,

I'm trying to research this issue for a small software company I work for. one of the most common issues I seem to see lately is that our customers are telling us that their shortcut to our program is disappearing from their desktop of their workstation computers. they get this with windows 7,8 and 10. their main system shares the folder and the workstations map the drive and run the program from there. when they lose their shortcut to the program the mapped drive doesn't go away just the shortcut to it. at first I thought it was some unused icons cleanup like windows 7 has but I didn't see anything in their scheduled tasks and also they use the program all day so I don't see why windows would target that shortcut for deletion. can anyone give me feed back, is there a setting I"m missing that I can resolve this? thanks for your input.

:)

jcastillo623, Jun 27, 2016
  2. IB_990 Win User

Desktop Icons keep on Disappearing after every re-boot.

Hello

I hope that someone can point me in the correct direction. My issue started couple of weeks ago, when after every reboot my desktop icons will disappear. I then right click on desktop / view / click on show desktop icons - after which the icons will display
    again. Sadly however, desktop icons will disappear again on my next reboot.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks

IB

Original title: Desktop Icons keep on Disappearing - Windows 10

IB_990, Jun 27, 2016
  3. Icons disappearing from Desktop in Windows 10; still shown as being on Desktop(and able to be accessed) in File Explorer

Yesterday some icons had disappeared from my Desktop when I turned on my laptop. Some were files that I had placed directly on the Desktop, and others were shortcuts. When I go to the Desktop in File Explorer, everything seems to be still there, and I
    can still access everything using File Explorer.

If I try to move one of the disappeared files from File Explorer onto my Desktop, it says "File and source destination are the same". If I go to my actual Desktop, click on an icon, and then keep pressing a letter key that's the same as the first letter of
    a disappeared icon, it will cycle through any icons that haven't disappeared and that start with that letter. It will then look as if no icon is selected, and when I press enter the file connected to the disappeared icon will open. It's as if the icons are
    still on the desktop, I just can't see them for some reason.

It seems like all the icons that have disappeared were ones that were on the right side of my Desktop. Those icons on the right side of my Desktop that didn't disappear were all also shifted towards the center of my screen and placed in a different order for
    some reason.

I've tried right-clicking the Desktop and toggling "Show Desktop Icons" on and off. I've tried restarting my laptop. Neither helped. I've also ran a Malwarebytes and an Avast Antivirus scan. Neither turned up anything.

Any advice would be appreciated. Desktop Icon disappears :)

ConorFingleton, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Icon disappears

1. Desktop Icon disappears - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon disappears

2. Desktop icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon disappeared: The Desktop Canon printer icon disappearedHow to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-disappeared/4b3da210-d807-4d51-83e9-275e001532a1
  3. Desktop icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon disappeared: The Desktop Canon printer icon disappearedHow to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-disappeared/4b3da210-d807-4d51-83e9-275e001532a1
  4. Desktop Icon disappeared

Desktop Icon disappeared: Hi everyone,Im currently experiencing icon went missing on desktop as the same time not able to perform left/right click on it even with touch pad or external mouse. Only the Desktop part not fucntioning wherenby the rest are still working as normal. Any expert here would be...
  5. Desktop Icons Disappeared

Desktop Icons Disappeared: A client of mine adjusted their font settings and said that after the font settings were adjusted, their desktop icons disappeared. I adjusted all desktop settings including registry editor settings. I have attached an image of the Desktop Icon Settings which look really...
  6. Desktop Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Disappearing: What the title says. My desktop icons keeps disappearing randomly. I don't mean all of them, like this time the google chrome icon was gone but everything else was there. All help would be appreciated. Thanks! submitted by /u/Aredditorandahalf [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop Icons Disappearing

Desktop Icons Disappearing: For no explainable reason, the Icons on my Desktop Recycle Bin etc have disappeared. I have tried going through Personalization and Themes and ticking the icons I want on my Desktop but it's not working. Any advice? Thanks in advance...
  8. icons on desktop disappeared

icons on desktop disappeared: I have MS 10 and have an HP. My internet Explorer and other icons have disappeared. In place are a lot of blocks with different offerings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktop-disappeared/384198c5-9f8b-43c1-852f-3695f2b7f68c
  9. Desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icons disappeared: I updated Windows version but all my desktop icons disappeared. It happened in October, it was the last Windows 10 update, I use Firefox and Toshiba laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-disappeared/40392b88-a4b8-4965-b5c1-20db78ddfa87
  10. desktop icon disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon disappear: windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray) no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems that the black screen is covering the desktop because playing with the settings (personalization etc) show all icons for a...