Windows 10: Desktop Icon doesn't show as large

Discus and support Desktop Icon doesn't show as large in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 64 and 96 px sized icon file (.ico) that refuses to show as a large icon on the desktop - they show up as medium icons in Large icon view. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DJG, Sep 29, 2017.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Desktop Icon doesn't show as large

I have a 64 and 96 px sized icon file (.ico) that refuses to show as a large icon on the desktop - they show up as medium icons in Large icon view. Any ideas why this is happening?

:)

2. Alden Rey Win User

Desktop icons started jumping with the Creators Update

Hi,

It is possible that your icons are set by large that is why you are seeing empty rows between folders. You can change the view or size of your icons. In that way, you would no longer see large gaps or spaces between icons. To perform the task, kind refer to
    the article below:

Show, hide, or resize desktop icons

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Can't Get Back To Regular Desktop on Windows 10?

This doesn't help me just tells me what window's 10 senses. How do you choose to use tablet mode? or how do you get your desktop icons back that you had before. Everything just suddenly disappeared. I do see a start button in the lower left but it is not
    where I was before. It show very large icons (apps) but does not allow you to go back to the desktop as before. Before I had many icons on my desktop where I just clicked on the icons that took me where I wanted to go and now there is nothing it's just black.
    They are totally gone. Thanks for your response.

gstepheson, Sep 29, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

There are supposed to be more icon sizes in a standard .ICO than the one you have. A lot of ico files built for older programs do not carry all the sizes you need to cover the ranges of icon sizes used in later windows versions..

Not sure of precise number of sizes needed for Windows 10 display modes but I assume that 128 and 256 Pixels are included

You can quite easily build your own ... Online ICO converter is one simple free option but many more are available both online and local options

Barman58, Sep 29, 2017
  5. DJG
    DJG Win User
    Ahh! I made 128 and 256 - that did the trick. I thought 96 was enough! I use ArticonsPro. Definite ongoing senility ...

Thanks!

6. Barman58 Win User
    I am expecting them to up the requirements before too long with the uptake of 4K monitors, expect 512 Px or even 1024 to be included to cope

Barman58, Sep 29, 2017
  7. DJG
    DJG Win User
    I'm actually running 3840x2160 (just migrated from 1920x1200)- hence the advanced senility for not going over 96!

Thema:

1. Desktop Icon doesn't show as large - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon doesn't

2. Very large desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very large desktop icons: [ATTACH] I have no clue what I did here. my desktop had normal icons and now they are fricking huge, many of them are covering other icons. Also not gonna lie, I am kinda small brained when it comes to computers and stuff so any help is appreciated. do not mind the dwayne...
  3. my desktop shows very large icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    my desktop shows very large icons: my desktop shows very large icons. they are not arranged in neat rows just random. How do I change to small uniform icons in an orderly arrangement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-shows-very-large-icons/553b91bd-6592-4e87-9cac-551741669636
  4. Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?: submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1ge8n/large_gap_between_taskbar_and_desktop_icons/
  5. icons showing up large on grid ?

icons showing up large on grid ?: I don't know what is wrong with this computer but it is acting up lately. This is a NEW install of Win-10-Pro. The icons are showing up on a large grid ? I can't get them any closer. Display settings are at 1080p with duplicate displays. [ATTACH]...
  6. Large Font on Desktop Icons

Large Font on Desktop Icons: Hi there, I can't get the fonts on the icons on my desktop to reduce in size, the icons are ok now but not the fonts. They are also too big in the menus on Outlook. I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Have tried going into Settings, Display, Scale & Layout, no slider...
  7. My desktop doesn't show the battery icon

My desktop doesn't show the battery icon: My desktop doesn't show the battery icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-doesnt-show-the-battery-icon/fd1458ae-b77a-4133-8769-e7bdfbcf5d79
  8. Desktop Icons doesn't showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons doesn't showing: Hi dear All Experts, I have many computers in my computer lab, for which i have bought original windows 10 pro edition about 1 year ago All PCs are working properly except one pc which causes following errors When I log into windows PC hangs on and mouse cursor is moving very...
  9. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...
  10. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...