Desktop Icon Font 1803

Discus and support Desktop Icon Font 1803 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I was using the following registry hack to change the font and it's not changing now. I like a larger font & bold. Can anyone tell me what has changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken1943, May 26, 2018.

1. ken1943 Win User

I was using the following registry hack to change the font and it's not changing now. I like a larger font & bold.

Can anyone tell me what has changed ? I use it with a solid blue screen.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; Created by: Shawn Brink; Created on: February 17th 2017; Tutorial: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]"IconFont"=hex:ef,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,bc,02,00,00,00,\ 00,00,01,00,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,67,00,6f,00,65,00,20,00,55,00,49,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

:)

ken1943, May 26, 2018
  2. Pedro Bruguera Win User

How to change the desktop icon font

hello JeffRoberts3

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

Go to Settings.

Choose Personalization.

Select Themes.

Under Themes, select Theme settings.

On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.

To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

Right-click on your desktop.

Click View.

Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.

Pedro Bruguera, May 29, 2018
  3. DennisOrzo Win User
    Desktop Icon Font Change

I installed Windows ten a few days ago and when I check for updates there are none listed so I believe I am up to date. My issue is is specifically with the desktop and the font being used under each desktop icon. I would like to find a way of using
    a different font for the purpose of identifying these icons. I used to be able to change the font as well as the size in Windows 7. I have found a way to change the size in W 10 but still have not been able to change the actual font used.

DennisOrzo, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icon Font 1803

Desktop Icon Font 1803 - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Font

1. Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons: The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER. NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons tell me how to get the NAME under the icons LARGER? Windows 11 was re-installed in late December 2017 so I do not need to go get any updates. 101805
  2. Change Desktop icon font color

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Desktop icon font color: I've tried the changing background to Orange, etc and it doesn't work for me. Somewhere, it was mentioned about changing to orange then changing back. Followed the procedure and it didn't work.Would like to change to black. Pete 78333
  3. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger: Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control...
  4. Please help me change the font color of the desktop icons!? And also h

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help me change the font color of the desktop icons!? And also h: hack into my own computer Dear compatriots, I tried the trick of changing the desktop to black and then orange, but that didn't work. The font is still white. Now, you may be asking yourselves why should I spend so much time on an issue so trivial? Well, the answer...
  5. How to change the Desktop Icon Font

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the Desktop Icon Font: I recently got a huge Windows 10 update and now I can't change my desktop icon font. The menu option was actually removed from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, but there was a registry way to do it, that seems to no longer work [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\IconFont] -...
  6. Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly: My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the computer/browsing. I have read about other people having this problem with desktop icons but have not found a solution. Any...
  7. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...
Desktop Icon Font 1803 solved