Windows 10: Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows

Discus and support Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; wW1TY5jDGrk As shown in this video (you might have to set the quality to 720p), you can switch on and off the drop shadows of your Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Linus, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Linus Win User

Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows

[youtube]wW1TY5jDGrk[/youtube]

As shown in this video (you might have to set the quality to 720p), you can switch on and off the drop shadows of your Windows 10 desktop icon labels.

However, after using the auto arrange snap window function (drag and drop any window to the left or right edge of your screen) the drop shadows are always on and cannot be switched off again. Only logging off and in again helps.

Can anyone reproduce this or knows how to fix it?

:)

Linus, Dec 8, 2016

2. Remove drop shadow on icons on desktop in Windows 10

No, the shadows appear under every icon label if the corresponding option in the Performance Options / Visual Effects is enabled. Here you can see example screenshots with instructions how to enable or disable the shadows.

"Hide or Show Drop Shadow of Desktop Icon Labels in Windows 10"

The bug in Windows 7 and 10 that people are complaining about here (and that you are obviously not aware of) is that these shadows sometimes re-appear even though the option is
    disabled. The only way to prevent this that I found so far is disabling the Snap Assist feature. I have no idea what this feature has to do with the shadows, but it works.

I recommend to read a thread completely before posting irrelevant replies and blaming people for being unable to use a computer.

Laserjones, Dec 8, 2016
  3. Remove drop shadow on icons on desktop in Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10 Pro with the flower background provided by Microsoft. I've tried both turning off the Snap Assist feature and unchecking the box for desktop icon drop shadows.

The shadows remain.

BStuhlmuller, Dec 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 9, 2016
  5. Linus Win User
    Thanks for these hints and also for pointing out that the proper name for what I meant was "snap" windows. I changed the thread title appropriately. Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows :)
    Will consider making that report and post any results back in this thread.

Linus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows - Similar Threads - Desktop icon label

2. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  3. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  4. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...
  5. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...
  6. Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.

Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.: Team : Today, all of a sudden my Windows 11 DeskTop shows DropShadows on all Desktop Icons. I have NOT changed any settings.I also tried this Tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EscQHpUEdgBut no help. Can some Experts guide me to remove Drop Shadows. No matter which...
  7. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon labels have drop shadows: This morning, when I turned on my computer, the desktop icon labels have drop shadows. I have had them set to not have that since I got my computer. Last night, I shut down my computer via the power button on the computer. Today, I have drop shadows that I cannot get rid of...
  8. Drop shadows on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  9. Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows How to Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows By default, Windows uses drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop. Depending on if your desktop background is light or...
  10. Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows: Win 10 Tech Demo. I would like to have plain black text on my desktop icons. I have un-ticked the appropriate box to remove the subject drop shadows, but it did not remove them. I have checked the appropriate registry setting which is set to "0". When I boot into Win...