Windows 10: Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after install of build 10586

Discus and support Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after install of build 10586 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after connecting to TV with hdmi cable. This happened after install of November update, or 1511 (for the 11th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaburmester, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after install of build 10586

Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after connecting to TV with hdmi cable.

This happened after install of November update, or 1511 (for the 11th month of 2015), or build 10586 windows 10 update.

All help to solve issue appreciated.

Thank you

:)

jaburmester, Nov 12, 2015

2. Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after connecting to TV with hdmi cable

Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after connecting to TV with hdmi cable.

This happened after install of November update, or 1511 (for the 11th month of 2015), or build 10586 windows 10 update.

All help to solve issue appreciated.

Thank you.

3. Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after connecting to TV with hdmi cable

Hi,

Have tried all stated above with no luck.

Please note that for miracast you need a laptop / PC with micacast facilities.

Any other ideas?

Please note that before
    install of November update, or 1511 (for the 11th month of 2015), or build 10586 windows 10 update I did not have problem where desktop icon positions were
    moving to random position after connecting to TV with hdmi cable.

Regards,

John Burmester

4. Ztruker Win User

Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after install of build 10586

Try right click on the Desktop and select Refresh after you have the icons placed where you want them.

Alternative is to use a program like DesktopOK as I do to remember icon placement. You can have multiple layouts and select the one you want depending on what display you are using.

Ztruker, Nov 12, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    No time frame when or if they will fix it. Check the Insider Blog. The Microsoft Employee that runs it, is tracking these issues. If you are not a part of the insider program, you may want to, so that you can keep up on the fixes and issues. Windows 10 | Windows Blog

bro67, Nov 12, 2015
  6. Slugger Win User
    Or try Iconoid - Hide and show desktop icons, maketransparent backgrounds Iconoid under Position tab. you can save positions of desktop icons. Restore them any time.

Slugger, Nov 12, 2015
  7. OK I have app which does this for me but it is not normal that I have to restore icon position every time I use HDMI cable.

I never had this before I installed update 1511.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve?

jaburmester, Nov 19, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

Yes if you are switching back and forth between the HDMI and a regular monitor it can do that, because of the change of the resolution.

You may want to use two different video cards if you are using a desktop.

If you have the GPU software installed. You can save different profiles for each monitor.

bro67, Nov 19, 2015
  9. bro67,

What are you on about since Windows 7 and just before I installed update 1511 I did not have this problem.

This should not happen.

Any ideas how to solve problem?

jaburmester, Nov 19, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving after install of build 10586 - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Positions

2. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  3. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  4. How to Save restore desktop icons position

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Save restore desktop icons position: How to Save restore desktop icons position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-restore-desktop-icons-position/2bdc389e-d970-4621-a3a6-5643dfee1343
  5. Solution: Desktop icon positions not being saved in Windows 10

Solution: Desktop icon positions not being saved in Windows 10: I had this problems and tried many of the solutions posted here and elsewhere. NONE worked. What surprising did work for me was 1. Moving icons that linked to usb not always unavailable drive content a single folder on the desktop say New Folder 2. Moving an icon on one...
  6. Desktop Icons not saving position after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons not saving position after restart: Whenever I try to position my desktop icons the way I would like, after a restart the icons go back to some strange position. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? submitted by /u/Traase [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop icon positions

Desktop icon positions: Currently my desktop icons are on a fixed grid. I would like to change them back to a custom grid where I can control their position relative to each other. How do I get rid of the fixed grid?...
  8. Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  9. Installation Problem (BUILD 10586)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Problem (BUILD 10586): Hi...I am on windows 10 home edition ... yesterday i download build 10586 .iso directly from microsoft site since i am unable to download it from windows update...first i try to make it bootable to flash drive using rufus and ran "setup.exe" file but installation disappears...
  10. Build 10586: Icons flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Build 10586: Icons flickering: After upgrading to this build, all of the icons and notification center flicker every few seconds. When I click on the Start button, the start menu will open after a while. I've reported this to MS, has anyone else seen this issue? 28915

Users found this page by searching for:

1. initialize icon position windows 10