Windows 10: Desktop icon

Discus and support Desktop icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to have or create a desktop icon that I can put on the Windows 19 App start window. How? Bil 50468 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blockie, May 15, 2016.

1. blockie Win User

Desktop icon

I would like to have or create a desktop icon that I can put on the Windows 19 App start window. How?

Bil

:)

blockie, May 15, 2016

2. copying to disc

In Windows 10 the My Computer icon is called “This PC”.

If this icon is missing in your computer -

Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize, then click on “Change Desktop Icons” on the left-hand side of the screen

In the Desktop Icons panel you can choose which of the built-in icons to show on the desktop: > Check Computer

E for Excel, May 15, 2016
  3. Cicero564 Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Re-Arrange - Possible way to restore.

My desktop icons have, intermittently, re-arranged to the left of the screen, more than a few times, very annoying.

Try these steps:

Right click on an empty part of the desktop.

Select View.

Ensure both Auto Arrange Icons & Align Icons to Grid are unchecked.

Uncheck Show desktop icons. (Desktop icons should disappear)

Re-Check Show desktop icons

In my case, the desktop icons re-appeared and in their prior locations.

Good luck.

Cicero564, May 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Desktop icon

Icon for what? You need to build a App or Tile if you want something in the Tile area. If you want to change the icon of something, not that hard.

bro67, May 15, 2016
  5. blockie Win User
    Thanks for the answer. The W10 update that I used to have had an :tile; that allowed me to h\get back to the desktop with one click. This new computer with W10 does not have such a tile.

blockie, May 15, 2016
  6. Have you tried Right Click on Taskbar
    A menu will appear
    Go to
    Properties
    Then put a tick in Desktop
    That should do what you want

Or Right Click Taskbar
    A menu will open up
    Scroll down and click
    Show the Desktop

hTconeM9user, May 15, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I know exactly what you are asking.
    In a previous build there use to be a Desktop tile in the Start Menu. One click at it would go back to the desktop screen.
    It is no longer there.

I'll see if I can find way to get it back.

davidhk, May 15, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Desktop icon

blokie,

For now, until I can find a way to pin desktop to Start, here is a workaround...................
    Right click at the Start button > at the bottom, click Desktop.

Desktop icon [​IMG]

davidhk, May 15, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    OR, just simply click at the Win key on your keyboard.

Desktop icon [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop icon

1. Desktop icon - Similar Threads - Desktop icon

2. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  3. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  4. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't create desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create desktop icons: I have an enterprise-managed laptop which had a disk crash, and IT installed a fresh enterprise image of Windows 10 . The laptop shows desktop icons when connected to the enterprise network. I want to be able to have full use this laptop when not connected to the work...
  6. Can't create desktop icons

Can't create desktop icons: I have an enterprise-managed laptop which had a disk crash, and IT installed a fresh enterprise image of Windows 10 . The laptop shows desktop icons when connected to the enterprise network. I want to be able to have full use this laptop when not connected to the work...
  7. Can't create desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  9. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  10. On Windows 10, why do updates re-order desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On Windows 10, why do updates re-order desktop icons?: It is very annoying when I have taken the trouble to order my desktop icons to how I want them, when a Windows Update totally trashes my preference with a re-ordered desk top that defies logic . Is there anyway of stopping this or do I just have to accept that Microsoft knows...