Windows 10: desktop icons crashed

Discus and support desktop icons crashed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; something, i dont know what caused several programs icons on desktop to stop working. i had to either reinstall said programs and or replace icons from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pathfinder, Oct 2, 2017.

1. desktop icons crashed

something, i dont know what caused several programs icons on desktop to stop working. i had to either reinstall said programs and or replace icons from program folders. what could of caused the problem? some shortcuts to these programs were saved on both pc and flash drive*Shock

:)

Pathfinder, Oct 2, 2017
  2. Surajkant Win User

crashed multi desktop voew

the TASK VIEW icon is not working to show multitasking in desktop view, it is crashed, is there any option to fix it?

Surajkant, Oct 2, 2017
  3. file explorer flickers and crashes

I updated my drivers and this didn't fix my problem. Nothing seems to work. Now when it crashes it rearranges my icons on my desktop. I locked my desktop icons and it still rearranges the icons. I don't know why this problem suddenly occurred. I have never
    had a problem before.

KarenBlaylock, Oct 2, 2017
  4. desktop icons crashed

Perform a virus/malware scan to check if your computer is infected with any malicious software or not.

Maybe your user account is corrupted create new user account and let us know if issue resolves at new user account.

Open the Command Prompt as a administrator and type following command:

Code: Assoc .lnk=lnkfile[/quote]

FreeBooter, Oct 2, 2017
  5. Archie123 Win User
    you mean the shortcuts stopped working? did you look in the properties for said shortcuts and see what location they were pointing to? was it corrrect?

Archie123, Oct 2, 2017
  6. cheers mates. i scanned, nothing found. i vaguely remember what the message i got when clicked on defunct shortcut -but i think it said it couldnt find the targeted file/folder..for now, everything is back where it should be. but its odd it occured while i was running my cleaning program as i normally would . i dont want to think the cleaning program, glarysoft utilities had anything to do with said shortcuts not working. -want to continue using said cleaning program.

Pathfinder, Oct 3, 2017
  7. Its glarysoft utilities causing the problem you should not use it.

FreeBooter, Oct 3, 2017
  8. desktop icons crashed

unfortunately that program is paid version. i will keep it until i find a better "pro" version

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

desktop icons crashed

1. desktop icons crashed - Similar Threads - desktop icons crashed

2. Right clicking icons crashes the explorer (doesn't work on desktop icon either)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking icons crashes the explorer (doesn't work on desktop icon either): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RdotRaider [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/la2k4v/right_clicking_icons_crashes_the_explorer_doesnt/
  3. Epic Games Launcher Crashes Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games Launcher Crashes Desktop Icons: Hi so i recently dowloaded epic games launcher to install a game and i noticed that my desktop icons were half black. I did a restore point to fix it and i had to install epic games again and when i did my icons went back to being half black again. Have any idea how to fix...
  4. Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash: #Windows 10 Pro N after file explorer or some app lunched, some of my app icons from desktop and task bar have changed to Blank app icons. i tried many ways to solve this problem but didn't work. etc. - delete IconCache.db from C Drive, rebuild but it doesn't work. -...
  5. desktop icon

desktop icon: how do I get the edge desktop icon onto the desk top. drag and drop do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/c319dfe3-84c8-4e70-a042-79c898cc3037
  6. Desktop Icon

Desktop Icon: Out of nowhere new icon appeared on my desktop “removable storage devices” and there is no option to remove it. Pls. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/1cc0c65f-aab6-4397-a335-48b79d5a0bc5
  7. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: Hello all Have a new Levano idea pad and have been attempting to post icons on my desktop without any success Any help out there Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/desktop-icons/2a4707b9-e4aa-4a44-9f49-e571bd87b156
  8. Desktop with icons

Desktop with icons: I have lost the page that opens at start up that is my desktop with icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-with-icons/0200c1b4-6f87-4a32-93bf-04603658ed1d
  9. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511