Windows 10: desktop icons do not show titles

Discus and support desktop icons do not show titles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I boot up my machine sometimes my desktop icons are not showing the titles and when I click the icon the screen is blank. I have to reboot to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardMarkle, Jul 4, 2018.

1. desktop icons do not show titles

When I boot up my machine sometimes my desktop icons are not showing the titles and when I click the icon the screen is blank. I have to reboot to get them to show and work. I have windows 10 64bit

:)

RichardMarkle, Jul 4, 2018
  2. BobbyBoyd Win User

Desktop Icon Title

I want to see the ENTIRE title under the desktop Icon not just the first two lines. I know it shows the entire Icon title if I select and/or click the icon title but that is not what I am wanting. I am wanting viewers who are looking at the screen to be
    able to read what the entire Icon Title is without having to use a mouse. What are the steps to showing the complete Icon title below the desktop Icon? My Example: I have several video shortcut icons on my desktop. Below the Video shortcut icon is a description
    or title but it only shows two lines. I want viewers to see the entire title below the Icon on the desktop. Does anyone have and answer to how this can be done?

Thanks,

Bobby

BobbyBoyd, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 29, 2020
  4. desktop icons do not show titles

desktop icons do not show titles

When I boot up my machine sometimes my desktop icons are not showing the titles and when I click the icon the screen is blank. I have to reboot to get them to show and work. I have windows 10 64bit

RichardMarkle, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

desktop icons do not show titles

1. desktop icons do not show titles - Similar Threads - desktop icons show

2. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  3. Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...: Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in File Explorer. This may have started after I reverted back to windows 10 from Windows 11. Let me be clear: most icons do show on the desktop, and the ones that don't show up in one...
  4. Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...: Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in File Explorer. This may have started after I reverted back to windows 10 from Windows 11. Let me be clear: most icons do show on the desktop, and the ones that don't show up in one...
  5. Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...

6. Desktop Icons not showing

Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  7. desktop icon title wrap bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop icon title wrap bug: I have this weird bug that the title wrap in desktop icons fail to wrap correctly and cutting words rendomly in the middle of them insted of every word... didnt touch on registery or anything.. someone saw this bug and know how to fix it? thanks in advence :) submitted...
  8. color of desktop icon titles

color of desktop icon titles: I know! The answer is here on some page....but I seem to have white letters on a white background on the desktop. How to I bring color to the icon titles? Thanks. 63440
  9. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...
  10. Desktop weird icons with no Title

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop weird icons with no Title: Hey guys, Today, I see 2 icons which have no title and whenever I delete them it come back when I refresh desktop. [img] Regards. 84112