Windows 10: Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

Discus and support Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dudeth, Mar 30, 2017.

1. dudeth Win User

Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the computer/browsing. I have read about other people having this problem with desktop icons but have not found a solution. Any ideas where to start?

:)

dudeth, Mar 30, 2017

2. Icon and Explorer Font size

The font size on my desktop icons and the font size in my windows explorer have changed by themselves overnight.

After extensive search i haven't found a way to get them back the way they were.

I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.309

I am extremely frustrated on how difficult it is to try and solve a simple problem.

JurgensVan Der Walt, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Change desktop icon font size and color in Windows 10 Home

The font size on my desktop icons and the font size in my windows explorer have changed by themselves overnight.

After extensive search i haven't found a way to get them back the way they were.

I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.309

I am extremely frustrated on how difficult it is to try and solve a simple problem.

JurgensVan Der Walt, Mar 30, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

I have no idea I'm afraid although this sounds very like an old Vista issue whereby desktop icons (and accompanying font) would downsize a little and at random. It seemed to occur after 3rd party software (the programs we all use) were installed. I think it also depended on whether you had set non default sizes and fonts for the icons in the first place.

Right clicking the desktop and selecting 'Refresh' always brought them back to correct size but the underlying cause was never found to my knowledge.

Mooly, Apr 2, 2017
  5. dudeth Win User
    Wow, what a bummer! Thanks for the reply Mooly.

dudeth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Fonts

2. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  3. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  4. Fonts are changing sizes at random

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts are changing sizes at random: When ever I am searching the Chrome, Explorer, Edge, discord, and and outlook all seem to randomly change in size without me even touching my mouse. Its random and happens when not touching my computer. Even while typing this message my Fonts and screen randomly changed...
  5. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  6. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  7. Changing font and font size on desktop

Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4
  8. Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons: The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER. NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons tell me how to get the NAME under the icons LARGER? Windows 11 was re-installed in late December 2017 so I do not need to go get any updates. 101805
  9. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187
  10. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...