Windows 10: Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?

Discus and support Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; O.k.....Since switching to the Edge browser, I find that I cannot ''drag and drop'' anything from the favourites bar to the desktop, to create quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Del 80, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Del 80 Win User

Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?

O.k.....Since switching to the Edge browser, I find that I cannot ''drag and drop'' anything from the favourites bar to the desktop, to create quick link icons.....at the moment I keep going back to Chrome, which allows you to do this....there must be a way surely, in Edge to do this ?.......anyone know how ?.........Del.

:)

Del 80, Mar 29, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Probably the easiest way would be to pin the desired page to Start, then drag the tile onto the desktop to create a shortcut.

Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ? [​IMG]

Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 30, 2016
  5. Del 80 Win User
    Thank you.......that seems to work fine..........what happened to the old days , when you could just right click on something, and pin it to the desktop ?.........progress I suppose.........thanks again........Del.

Del 80, Mar 30, 2016
  6. edge drag and drop to desktop works. something is broke with your edge setup. latest version of edge is: 25.10586.0.0 here.

Right click: "send to desktop still there".

lopedoggie, Mar 30, 2016
  7. Del 80 Win User
    O.k.......When I right click on a webpage the only options I get are.......Select All....Print....Inspect Element.....View Source.......nothing about creating a desktop icon........also if I attempt to drag and drop from the favourites bar, I get the red circle with a line through it.........Del.

Del 80, Mar 30, 2016
  8. Del 80 Win User

O.k......Still can't create a desktop icon, when I right click on a webpage, or the favourites bar, the option to ''create desktop icon '' is not there, I can send it to the start menu, and then to the desktop, but clicking on it then just opens the Edge browser........any other suggestions ?...........Del.

Del 80, Apr 6, 2016
  9. Del 80 Win User
    Now sorted........Right click on empty desktop......click on new, and follow instructions.......think ''drag & drop '' was much easier, but it won't work on here, nor will right clicking a webpage.........progress I guess........Del.

Del 80, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ? - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Create

2. desktop icons - how to save them to the Windows 11 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons - how to save them to the Windows 11 Desktop: Hi, how do I get to save a website on the windows 11 desktop?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-how-to-save-them-to-the-windows-11/f9cedf60-12f9-4a7a-9fa9-7eb535432eb7
  3. desktop icons - how to save them to the Windows 11 Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons - how to save them to the Windows 11 Desktop: Hi, how do I get to save a website on the windows 11 desktop?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-how-to-save-them-to-the-windows-11/f9cedf60-12f9-4a7a-9fa9-7eb535432eb7
  4. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?: When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar. They stayed there when it upgraded to WIN10. I now have a new system and NEED them back. I can't find the website as there are so many hits now with the search...
  5. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  6. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  7. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  8. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  9. How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops: Just an idea for anyone wanting icons for the virtual desktop. You need a fixed number of virtual desktops for this to work. For example, I am using 3 virtual desktops. If I wanted to use 4, I would have to recode it or just not used the icons. - Get a free scripting...
  10. how to create a desktop icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create a desktop icon for file explorer: I just moved from W7 to W10 and haven't been able to figure out how to create a desktop app icon for file explorer. I can do it for apps that I've loaded, but can't figure it out for special Windows programs. Yes, I have it in my task bar and can clearly see it in the...