Windows 10: Desktop Icons issue

Discus and support Desktop Icons issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One month ago, i upgraded from windows 7 pro (x64) to windows 10 pro (x64). For 1 month it was working properly, but today (08.09.2015) i log into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Davidescu Victo, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Desktop Icons issue

One month ago, i upgraded from windows 7 pro (x64) to windows 10 pro (x64).

For 1 month it was working properly, but today (08.09.2015) i log into the windows and i founded an very annoying issue. I can't move my desktops icons and shortcuts. HOW ?! All my icons are sorted at the left of the desktop. I tried to put icons back to their places, but when i click "refresh" all icons are back at the same place where i founded. I looked on the internet to find some answers ( i fixed corrupted filles, i tried fences) no succes. Besides that i can't even set "view folders" in small sides to medium sides.

Does anyone have an answer ? I need it very fast !

:)

Davidescu Victo, Sep 7, 2015

2. Desktop Icon Issue

I unchecked the 'Auto arrange icons' but I don't think that it is the reason in my case.

The icons are randomly organized if I uncheck the option.

I haven't experienced this issue when I checked that option.

I attached the picture about the issue.
    Desktop Icons issue [​IMG]

If I restart the computer, it is OK.

However, the icons are moved to the last column when I turn it on again after I powered off completely.

It is very tiny issue, but it is annoying to me. I don't have an idea how to solve this kind of issue.

Jiyoung Kim, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Desktop Icons Issue

I have a problem about desktops icons. I can't move them where ever i want. They are always come back and the "auto arrange icons" is turned off. I tried clean instal and I reinstalled windows 10 about 5 times, i scanned for corrupted files (sfc /scannow),
    i forced stop explorer.exe, but nothing. This problem came when i restarted windows 10 after installing all drivers and an anti-virus. At first upgrade, windows had worked normaly about 1 month at next reinstall 1 week and the 5th reinstall 2 days worked normaly.
    Nothing that I installed every windows update, and NVIDIA drivers are updated. I need help, and I don't want to make another clean install or reinstalling windows again.

If you need more information, just ask me. I want so much to escape this annoying issue.

Video:

(Sorry for the bad quality, i don't know any apps to record a desktop)

My Computer:

-processor: AMD FX-4130

-RAM; 8Gb, 1600 MHz

-Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P (v 1.0)

-Graphics card: EVGA GTX 960 SSC, 2Gb GDDR5

Drivers installed:

-Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable all versions (x86/x64) 2005,2008,2010,2012,2013

-Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

-NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver 352.65

-NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 355.82

-NVIDIA GeForce Experience 2.5.14.5

-NVIDIA Graphics Driver 355.82

-NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.34.3

-NVIDIA PhysX System Sofware 9.15.0428

Anti-Virus: Eset Smart Security 7

DavidescuVictor, Sep 7, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

Desktop Icons issue

Right click on your desktop and under the "view" and "sort" options pick you preferences for your icons.

TC *Smile

tcman50, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Icons issue

1. Desktop Icons issue - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons issue

2. HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAVE AN ISSUE WITH DESKTOP ICONS: Hi. I am experiencing an issue with the desktop icons in Windows 11... I have been told to try some testingin safe mode. I am not familiar with this process and want to know the steps to boot in safe mode and after I'mdone, how to return to normal mode.Can someone assist me...
  3. Desktop Icon Issues Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Issues Win11: Every time I open my laptop this is what a lot of my desktop icons look like. Some should look like actual program icons or the folder icon yet this is what happens. I noticed that if I scale back up to like 200% in settings that fixes the icons but that's waaaay to large for...
  4. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  5. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  6. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue: Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop, instead of expanding on the screen it will go to files in the toolbar where it remains. I am unable to maximise it. When I...
  8. Desktop Icon issue

Desktop Icon issue: Yesterday when I logged into my work computer Dell Latitude 5420/Windows 10 Pro, my additional monitors were acting a little weird, so I did a system reset, verified the display settings. I really don't believe I changed anything that could have done this however- after a...
  9. Desktop Icon Issue

Desktop Icon Issue: This is one of the most frustrating issues I've had to deal with. After having a problem with my GPU fan, I had to take apart most of my PC to find out what part was going bad. After re-assembling and booting up, all of my desktop icons have moved back to my primary monitor...
  10. desktop issue with opening icons

desktop issue with opening icons: Desktop Icons Will Not Open __With Double Click Of Mouse Operating system is Vista 64, Windows 7. I cannot open any desktop icon with mouse and a right click of mouse does not open any options. I can open icons in the task bar, quick launch with mouse and a right click of...