Windows 10: Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?

Discus and support Desktop Icons Keep Resetting? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First time poster. My body is ready. Basically, every time I re-size my desktop icons to a more comfortable size, and then later reboot. They return... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ANeki, Aug 18, 2015.

1. ANeki Win User

Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?

First time poster. My body is ready.

Basically, every time I re-size my desktop icons to a more comfortable size, and then later reboot. They return to their original chunky size. Could someone shed any light on why it keeps doing this?

Tried several fixes from Windows 7 forums, but to no avail.

:)

ANeki, Aug 18, 2015

2. How to keep desktop icons in the same place after rebooting?

Original Title: Desktop personalisation - icons

Does someone know how to keep desktop icons in the same place - that is after previously turning off or rebooting?

Nicholas59, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Cannot right click on my Desktop. Icons Missing.

Click on your desktop. Then press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the context menu on your desktop. Turn "Show desktop icons" back on for now.

This is a known bug in 10547. You'll want to keep "Show desktop icons" on in this build.

zachd [MSFT], Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?

1. Desktop Icons Keep Resetting? - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Keep

2. Desktop icons keep resetting themselves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons keep resetting themselves: I am trying to use custom icons for my file folders, however, they keep resetting to the standard folder icon. I am right clicking on the folder>properties>customize>change icon>browse>and selecting my downloaded icon. It does show the change, but then reverts back. Anyone...
  3. Desktop Icon keep moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon keep moving: My desktop icon keep moving and I unable to keep them still, I tried the method right- click then select desktop unable to select desktop * * [ATTACH] Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...
  4. Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.

Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wholesomenthusiast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhbjv1/desktop_icon_keeps_movingresetting_after_restart/
  5. Desktop Icons keep moving

Desktop Icons keep moving: So this has been an ongoing problem for me for months at this point. Every time I restart or shut down my computer my desktop icons rearrange in a way that I did not set. I have gone through many of the common fixes and have had success temporarily fixing it through some...
  6. My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.

My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.: They keep going back to the same random position. Auto-arrange icons is OFF. It is not an antivirus issue. Anyone know why? submitted by /u/itscharlie378 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8qqzq/my_desktop_icons_keep_resetting_after_a_reboot/
  7. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  8. Desktop Icons keep relocating?

Desktop Icons keep relocating?: I'm running Windows 10 but have never understood why the Desktop Icons can randomly rearrange themselves on their own... I'm not looking to locking down the icons where I can't move them at all though. Is it possible to keep them from relocating unless I manually move them...
  9. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: Hello, My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in. I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode....