Windows 10: Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart

Discus and support Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep several folders on my desktop. I find the icon settings for the icons in those folders are not remembered when the PC reboots. For example, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart

I keep several folders on my desktop. I find the icon settings for the icons in those folders are not remembered when the PC reboots. For example, I like to set medium size icons but I find the details view is set after a reboot. I'm sure this used to work fine before the FCU. Is there something I can check to ensure my configuration is correct?

:)

Steve C, Feb 1, 2018
  2. Phant0m`` Win User

Windows 10 does not remember "Show Desktop Icons" setting

Just remembered. I've seen a case that had Power Management utility installed that would also cause this issue.

ASUS has a Power Management Utility named Power4Gear.

Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart [​IMG]

It has a feature to force show, or force hide desktop icons.

You'll have to enable ' Hide Desktop Icons ' and save to have desktop icons hidden, after restart.

Phant0m``, Feb 1, 2018
  3. Real Blue Win User
    Windows 10 does not remember "Show Desktop Icons" setting

Hi everybody,

I don't like icons on my desktop, so I prefer setting Show Desktop Icons to false. But Win 10 does not remember my choice and whenever I reboot icons come back.

Any fix or suggestion?

Real Blue, Feb 1, 2018
  4. Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart

If you want you can apply your folder view settings to all folders after changing view setting for a folder click View and click the icon located above Options.

Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart [​IMG]

From File Explorer Options click View tab and click Apply to Folders button.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  5. Steve C Win User
    That worked thanks.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart

1. Desktop Icons Not Remembered on Restart - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Remembered

2. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  3. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  4. desktop icons rearranged after simple restart

desktop icons rearranged after simple restart: Each time I restart my desktop computer the desktop icons are rearranged.I had them organized exactly as I wanted them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-rearranged-after-simple-restart/dbb15aea-ab9b-4add-b87d-a2f2d8e68459
  5. Looking for a good desktop icon 'management' program- to remember the layout of icons when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a good desktop icon 'management' program- to remember the layout of icons when...: Hey all, Thought I'd reach out and try here. I have a laptop with a small screen that I often use to plug into a monitor with very large screen. And whenever I go from one to the other, my desktop icons, which I usually have layed out in a reasonbly organized way, spazz out...
  6. desktop icons moving after restart

desktop icons moving after restart: desktop icons are rearranging themselves randomlybut to same positions every time i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-moving-after-restart/0e6ee6a3-a3de-4675-b49d-40aa97ecbcd7
  7. Windows will not remember icons position after PC restart...

Windows will not remember icons position after PC restart...: as in subject. I reset my pc and icons keep piling up on all monitors they way they want. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-not-remember-icons-position-after-pc/c49f3570-e0c6-479d-8b27-b44da1e46758
  8. Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.: Hi, every time i rearrange desktop icon after restarting or shutting down it keeps back for the previous arrangement. My problem is same as this Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving I already use the autofix it works but only one time use....
  9. Desktop Icons - Problem remembering icon positioning + random sorting

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Problem remembering icon positioning + random sorting: Hi all, I have a small issue where every once in a while my desktop icons would not remember their previous position, and I had to sort them again. This problem still occurs, but now I can even reproduce the issue 100% by moving 1 set icon to a new position that will cause...
  10. Computer restarts all desktop icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts all desktop icons disappear: I am running Windows 10 x64, my computer shuts off for what ever reason, power outage or what not. No error message and when it reboots i have no icons on my desktop. I have checked to see if a new desktop was created and that wasn't it. Normally it is off a restart/shut down...