Windows 10: Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle

Discus and support Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was using my laptop at school, when my trackpad starts to glitch out, wherever I moved it it kept clicking and in the process did something to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chaosdragonlord, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle

I was using my laptop at school, when my trackpad starts to glitch out, wherever I moved it it kept clicking and in the process did something to my taskbar; I had my desktop Icons showing on the taskbar (the desktop checkbox ticked in the 'toolbars' tab of the taskbar settings), and they were square Icons that were under my taskbar Icons, but then, after I ctrl+alt+del to stop the glitchy clicking, I went back and now my taskbar looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/dO3j8Qk.png
    the 'Desktop' Icons used to have alot more and they were square and slightly bigger than the taskbar icons. Please can somebody let me know how to fix this.

:)

chaosdragonlord, Sep 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 stuck on tablet mode

Click the new "Show the desktop" area at the very far right of the taskbar (tiny semi-transparent rectangle), then click the Tablet button/icon.

RoseComputers., Sep 24, 2015
  3. All computer icons

All of the icons on my computer are gone. not just the desktop, but folder icons, everything. The icon names are still present on my desktop, but no icons. Taskbar icons appear as light blue/white rectangles. Folder envelopes are completely gone. I have
    tried searching for a solution, but all I can find is the simple desktop icon function. I have done system restore several times, but to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

RGRamsdell, Sep 24, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle

You need to right click the taskbar unlock it, then slide this around how you like them. I mean for thickness slide up & down, next to the double arrows for the desktop toolbar right click and where I have red arrows adjust these setting, also left & right slide to show what you wish. Is this what you mean?

Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 24, 2015
  5. Thank you SOOO MUCH! This fixed it!

chaosdragonlord, Sep 24, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're very welcome. I'm glad it was so easy. I use this technique to place my recycle bin in the taskbar(takes a few tries and reboots to make it stick) then turn desktop icons to hidden. Also a belated Welcome to Ten forums*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle

1. Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Taskbar

2. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  3. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  4. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  5. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  6. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Icon on taskbar become double

Icon on taskbar become double: I have pinned the Google Chrome icon on taskbar. But after I click to open the Chrome, the icon become double and open new the chrome in the new icon. How to stop the icon from becoming double?I have attached the images. Please, have a look at it....
  8. Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide

Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide: In the image below you can see that the recycling bin icon has become very wide. All my other desktop icons are also like this (hidden for privacy). It is as if the grid has been magnified 5x or something. My display settings are on 100% and the font size is set to the...
  9. Help! Desktop Icon size became rectangle.

Help! Desktop Icon size became rectangle.: So i was Adjusting cleartype text and when i finished it every icon became rectangle , also spacing is also changed I Tried -restart -sign-out -clearing icon cache -readusted resolution (current 1920*1080[default]) nothing worked yet Welp! Its looking awful[IMG]...
  10. Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared

Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared: All Desktop Icons & Taskbar Icons have disappeared. Why & how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-taskbar-icons-have-disappeared/77766c8c-93a0-4e51-915c-75eb1d81c959

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4517389 icon taskbar

2. how to have rectangle taskbar windows

3. how to change your icons on the taskbar to rectangle boxes