Windows 10: Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in

Discus and support Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Until yesterday everything was working fine. This night I shutdown my computer and this morning, when I started it up, I noticed the icons of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by n0mad, Aug 23, 2015.

1. n0mad Win User

Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in

Until yesterday everything was working fine. This night I shutdown my computer and this morning, when I started it up, I noticed the icons of my dekstop in the default location and with the default dimensions.

I repositioned them , I changed icon dimensions again but if I sign out/sign in , restart , shutdown/startup the computer , all my desktop icons go back to default position and default dimension.

Any clue on how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

n0mad, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Zarabad Win User

Getting a small window that says that I am temporalily signed in, can not access files or save files

Original Title: Windows 10

I sign in OK, then get a small window that says that I am temporally sign in.

can not access files or save files,

Anything I save is not there when I next sign in.

The desktop in new every time,

And I'm asked to register my software every time I sign in

My picture file is empty every time I sign on

The window that pops out says I should sign out and back in to fix this dose not work

Please help going mad!!

Zarabad, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Roy_959 Win User
    We can't sign into your account

Hi all, every time I try to sign in into my account, my laptop would show a sign: We can't sign into your account. This can be fixed by signing out and signing back in. I've tried it a few times already but the same message still shows. On top of that,
    my desktop background has been changed and some of my desktop apps are not there. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Roy_959, Aug 23, 2015
  4. n0mad Win User

Replying just to add that I also tried DesktopOK; I place the icons where I want them and as soon as I click 'save' the icons go back to the left side of the desktop and in fact DesktopOK saved them all in the left side position.

n0mad, Aug 23, 2015
  5. I have had the same thing happen and i have no idea why its happening.

69matrix69, Aug 23, 2015
  6. n0mad Win User
    I followed several guide I found on internet however without any luck. I tried to
    • re-arrange icons where I like them and hit Refresh, as soon as I click Refresh all icons get sorted again on the left side;
    • re-arrange icons, Sign-out/Sign-it, icons sorted on the left side;
    • re-arrange icons, Shutdown/Start, icons sorted on the left side.

My desktop was working fine , I didn't install new applications nor removed old applications. No updates (at least no visible updates) was downloaded from Windows Update.
    What can I try?

n0mad, Aug 24, 2015
  7. fckshield Win User
    Try right clicking your desktop, hover to View and uncheck 'Auto arrange icons'.

fckshield, Aug 24, 2015
  8. n0mad Win User

Already did it, it isn't checked *Sad

n0mad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in - Similar Threads - Desktop icons position

2. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  3. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  4. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote Desktop - Sign Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop - Sign Out: TBH using Remote Desktop is a pain at the best of times in a corporate environment. Granted, it has the advantage of Active Directory management, but I would much prefer terminal access to a Linux/Unix environment. Unfortunately, the implementation of 'cloud technologies',...
  6. Desktop icons reset position every once in awhile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons reset position every once in awhile: Hi,I run a 3 monitor set up and have my icons spread all among the three monitors. Every once in awhile, for no reason at all, all my icons will reset themselves onto the main screen... except the recycle bin which always stays in it's set position. It's more on an annoyance...
  7. Desktop icons reset position every once in awhile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons reset position every once in awhile: Hi,I run a 3 monitor set up and have my icons spread all among the three monitors. Every once in awhile, for no reason at all, all my icons will reset themselves onto the main screen... except the recycle bin which always stays in it's set position. It's more on an annoyance...
  8. Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting: I have a problem with Windows 10 running on the domain-based. Whenever the regular "user" clicks Sign Out" from their account, the Windows computer restarts instead of supposedly logging out to the Windows login menu. It doesn't happen if I use an administrator account....
  9. My audio levels are resetting every time i sign in

My audio levels are resetting every time i sign in: After i reinstalled a clean version of windows 10 all my audio levels started to reset by itself. For example i use discord to communicate with my friends, i have a SteelSeries Arctic 5 headset so it has 2 outputs. 1 for game 1 for voice chatting. Both of the pre-selected...
  10. Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it: I recently changed my user folder name on my PC, and now whenever I close Netflix, It logs me out. Is there a possible fix for this in the registry editor? Here is the screen I get after I close the Netflix app submitted by /u/YANKEEMAN12345 [link] [comments]...