Windows 10: Desktop Icons Problems

Discus and support Desktop Icons Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched, I promise.....My desktop icons are all whacked somehow. I have never seen this problem before. I have them set to Medium, Auto Arrange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Toughbook, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Toughbook Win User

Desktop Icons Problems

I have searched, I promise.....My desktop icons are all whacked somehow. I have never seen this problem before. I have them set to Medium, Auto Arrange etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.

:)

Toughbook, Aug 7, 2017

2. desktop icon problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Method 1: Step 1: Check is the issue occurs in Safe mode. To boot the system in safe mode please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: After the troubleshooting, make sure to boot your computer to normal mode.

Step 2: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update
    or when you run a program in Windows.

Please refer to the below article on how to perform a clean boot to know
    “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 7, 2017
  3. desktop icon problem

i moved this 5 file on right

( photo )

Desktop Icons Problems [​IMG]

now when i click refresh they back to left again like photo

this problem with all file and folder

mahmodahmed, Aug 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Desktop Icons Problems

Hello Toughbook, *Smile

Do you also have Align icons to grid checked?

Brink, Aug 7, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Yes, first make sure to see if Brink's solution works. It should.

If strangely enough his solution doesn't work, then check out my screen shot. Go to that website (link is in the bottom right corner of the picture). Download that app, and press the Advanced button on top. Then adjust Icon Horizontal Spacing and Icon Vertical Spacing to something like 77 and press the Apply button. See if that does anything at all.

(see also)
    *Arrow Change Desktop Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

pepanee, Aug 7, 2017
  6. Toughbook Win User
    Yes it is.

Toughbook, Aug 7, 2017
  7. Toughbook Win User
    It is like the Icon is too big for the letters.

Toughbook, Aug 7, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Desktop Icons Problems

f14tomcat, Aug 7, 2017
  9. Toughbook Win User
    Pepanee.....You get a star for the day. I did your suggestion and BAM! Thank You so very much.

Toughbook, Aug 7, 2017
  10. Toughbook Win User
    Toughbook, Aug 7, 2017
  11. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome Toughbook! You also get a star for getting that solved!!

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons Problems

1. Desktop Icons Problems - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Problems

2. desktop Icon problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop Icon problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unknowndarkhuman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xzgm8k/desktop_icon_problem/
  3. Desktop Icons problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons problem.: This is a minor problem that is annoying me intensely so I would be very grateful for assistance.in solving. My laptop operates with Windows 10 with all the latest updates. A couple of days ago the quick start icons on my desktop suddenly all changed to plain white. I fiddled...
  4. desktop icons size problem

desktop icons size problem: hi, i have a problem with my icons on desktop i cant move them to another part because they involve together just like this photos. i want all of [IMG][ATTACH]my desktop icon settings to back to default settings... can you help me? thank you so much....
  5. Problem with desktop icons

Problem with desktop icons: I had a program on my laptop and the company wanted $400 to continue using it for another year and I was like no so the guy on the phone said he needed me to give him control of my pc and I did. After about an hour and a half I was like this isn't right made the guy cease and...
  6. Problem with desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with desktop icons: As you can see from the pic some of my snips are showing up as small pictures and the majority are showing just icons any ideas as to how I can change the icons to the the pictures they are?? 164174
  7. Desktop wallpaper icon problem

Desktop wallpaper icon problem: [ATTACH] Every time when I shut down the laptop then every time desktop icon are unorganised but when I make it sort by name then it organized. I want to see organized my laptop all time. I want to solve this problem [IMG]...
  8. Desktop icon problem

Desktop icon problem: Hi everyone, I have two problem about desktop icons. Firstly icons are on other icons. Secondly icon selection field width size is so big . How can I fix this situations or how restore factory setting for only icon? [ATTACH]...
  9. desktop icon spacing problem

desktop icon spacing problem: Windows updated my computer and now the spacing between the desktop icons is huge, and I do not want to dig into the registry editor to solve this because it is annoying. Does Mircosoft made something in the settings panel which allows users to adjust the desktop icon...
  10. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...