Windows 10: Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

Discus and support Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PJLLB, Dec 1, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to reliability occur. This is what I've discovered:

1. When you remain signed in and sleep the computer, and then wake it up, the icons remain where you put them. The same goes for shutting down and restarting if only one user is dong this.
    2. When you remain signed in and sleep the computer, then another user wakes it up, signs in, then signs out, when you re-sign into your account the icons have moved.

For anyone else with this issue, can you verify my observations?

:)

PJLLB, Dec 1, 2015

2. Desktop Icons moving

How can I stop my desktop icons from re arranging themselves when I restart my computer at times?

TerryAvakian, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Desktop icons rearranging themselves upon reboot (windows 10)

Hi Vindh.V

This rearranging problem is not due to auto arrange, i have auto arrange off, the desktop icons still rearrange themselves

Fa wrenchong, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

1. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons arrange

2. How do I prevent Desktop Icons from randomly re-arranging themselves on multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent Desktop Icons from randomly re-arranging themselves on multiple displays?: I've been searching all over the internet for the correct answer to this question for at least a couple of hours now. None of the answers I found helped except for the following, which isn't really an answer: 1) Turn off Auto Arrange Icons 2) Make sure Align to Grid is...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement

Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement: How do you keep Windows 10 from rearranging desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icon-arrangement/75605984-7870-4b96-a728-7148a6c005b5
  4. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  5. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  6. Win 10 keeps re-arranging my desktop?

Win 10 keeps re-arranging my desktop?: I have the occasional case (maybe once per week) that Windows decides to re-arrange my desktop icons each and every time I change *anything* on the desktop (e.g. move an existing icon or add another one) but apparently also sometimes "out-of-the-blue". *Mad Then my carefully...
  7. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View. I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will...
  8. Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves: Hello, sometimes when I Shut Down & start up, or Restart, the computer, my Notification Area (System Tray) icons tend to re-arrange themselves slightly. I have to manage to re-arrange them the way to maximize my productivity for the computer. Is there some sort of temporary...
  9. Desktop Arrangement

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Arrangement: Hello everybody! Today I encountered a problem: Windows 10 automatically arranges my desktop after using full screen apps. A dont know what is happening and what to do. Please help. 54279
  10. Desktop icons keep re-aranging themselves. How to stop it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep re-aranging themselves. How to stop it?: For some reason, every time I change users, the desktop icons re-arrange themselves. I Switch Users often. This hasn't happened in 20 years, but Win10 has decided to do this. Can anyone please let me know how to stop this I cannot find any way to do this....