Windows 10: desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.

Discus and support desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am having problems after recent updates for windows 10. First thing to change was my keyboard became Americanised. this caused confusion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristineBoomer, Jul 12, 2018.

1. desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.

Hi, I am having problems after recent updates for windows 10. First thing to change was my keyboard became Americanised. this caused confusion especially when I had to type my email address but I managed to sort it out and it is now back to the UK querty keyboard. However all the icons on my desk top shrunk and they are now tiny and I can not see them clearly even wearing my reading glasses. I have tried to find where I can change them but what I found changes the font size on other things as well, can anyone help.

:)

ChristineBoomer, Jul 12, 2018

2. After Windows 10 update desktop icons shrunk

After microsoft put in updates today all the icons on my desktop have shrunk??

Original Title: updates

cynthialocke, Jul 12, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 12, 2018
  4. desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.

1. desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - desktop icons shrunk

2. Desktop icons moving after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons moving after update: Hello everyone. Recently updated my PC. Was one of the updates that says update and shutdown when powering off the PC. When I restarted the PC. All of my icons are bunched up in the corner all stacked up on each other. I cannot move them to where I want them on the desktop. I...
  3. Windows update shrunk Screen size

Windows update shrunk Screen size: I just had a windows update 5/20/21 KB460150 and KB5003173 and it has shrunk my screen size. I have a HP all in one 32" screen and it is now displaying at 23". How do I fix this....
  4. Desktop icon after installation/update

Desktop icon after installation/update: Is there a way to prevent programs to add their shortcut to the desktop after installing/updating when you cant untick the option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-after-installationupdate/14be3433-7448-43ab-8715-b0a330b2aab3
  5. Desktop icons not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icons not working after update: So, my computer updated while I was sleeping. When I went to get on it, it was messed up. First, an error kept popping up and making my screen go black. The error was system 32 could not find desktop. Second, the update deleted all my files, applications, and even...
  6. Icons on the desktop disappeared after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons on the desktop disappeared after update: My Laptop got updated a couple of months ago and all the icons that were on the desktop went missing. There are still available under the desktop folder though. I am not able to bring them back to the desktop screen....
  7. My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?

My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?: My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-missing-after-windows-10-update/a8ed20dd-dd0b-4942-9801-dcec8aaff1a1
  8. desktop icons gone after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons gone after update: I want to ask why after a update windows 10 home version 1709 build 16.299.785 my icons are gone from the desktop and 1 icon came back on my taskbar, and when I click that all does come back....this is so weird, can you help me to resolve this. thank you...
  9. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...
  10. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons shrunk after update

2. THE SCREEN GOT SHRUNK AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS UPDATE

3. windows 10 icons shrunk

4. icons shrunk after windows update