Windows 10: Desktop Icons stuck on left side and Explorer view stuck on Details

Discus and support Desktop Icons stuck on left side and Explorer view stuck on Details in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here's is basically how my system is: All my desktop icons are stuck on the left side of the desktop All file explorer view are stuck in details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by voidox, Sep 27, 2015.

1. voidox Win User

Desktop Icons stuck on left side and Explorer view stuck on Details

Here's is basically how my system is:
    • All my desktop icons are stuck on the left side of the desktop
    • All file explorer view are stuck in details view.

Now yes, I have turned off Auto-arrange, still refreshes to all icons on left. I have tired ALL sorts combinations of view + sort by... nothing.

I have tired many anti-malware/virus scans and nothing has come up. I have tired CCleaner pretty much everything and the problem persists.

Of note, I had done a system restore a week and half ago to a specific point and that fixed the problem but for just a day, then it happened again. When I got around to having time to go for another system restore, that restore point was gone and now no other restore point is fixing the issue -_-

That left me to think it might be something I installed or perhaps a windows update... but after having uninstalled pretty much everything I could that I installed in the last week as well as removing recent updates.... nothing.

I have also tried making a new windows account (local)... nothing. Also tried in safe mode, still nothing.

Sooooo, there must be something fcked in my registry or it's something I have no clue about. Google searching has left me nowhere so I begging for some help pls. Thanks~

:)

voidox, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Jack P.B. Win User

Desktop Icons

No Joy - When I do Sort by>item type, I gave the same result as Auto arrange icons - they all jump to the top of the screen in one row. They seem to have gone beyond the edges of the screen as I can see a partial icon on the right side. I still have to drag
    them back to the left side of the screen. Reviewing the explorer desktop folder, none of the programs in the desktop folders are listed - just the actual folders with contents intact. After the last move above, I only have 19 icons on the actual desktop view
    and 35 in the explorer view. Next?

Jack P.B., Sep 27, 2015
  3. WIndows 10 - Desktop view

Original Title : Help!

My issue is with my Desktop view, start up screen a.k.a. the impressive tile app display. That should display across your screen (mine are not)

I can only see my tile apps when I click on the little Microsoft simple at the bottom left. If I'm browsing the internet, writing a paper & decide to close the window. I'm stuck staring at the ugly desktop icons along the left side of the screen. It seems
    to be if I want to see my tiles, then I have to click the Microsoft icon. How do I get the gorgeous screen that I had before? like stay forever? Thanks guys, appreciate all feed back!

VariJonhson, Sep 27, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  5. voidox Win User
    oh, I was thinking I'd have to try for a reset my PC but a repair install sounds like a better option right now. Thanks~
    I'll have a go and see if fixes shit.

voidox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Icons stuck on left side and Explorer view stuck on Details - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons stuck

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop: This PC icon is pinned on the left side primarily the upper corner but if the place is taken by other apps it will simply go downwards of my desktop. I am able to move it and replace it but the second I refresh or restart my laptop it goes back. It is the only icon that does...
  6. Desktop Icons stuck on monitor 2

Desktop Icons stuck on monitor 2: I had a problem where the icons on my desktop were stuck on monitor 2 and eventually I worked out why and how to solve it. I have two monitors. one being my laptop screen and the other a larger separate screen, both running on different resolutions. I was playing around,...
  7. Programs in left side of the desktop

Programs in left side of the desktop: how to show the list of the programs in left side of the Desktop (Icons) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-in-left-side-of-the-desktop/0ff5beb6-ecc8-49b4-b0f7-ae7d290ae6b1
  8. Stuck in Task View

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Task View: So i'm running windows 10 and it should be noted that i sue a razer synapse where one button is to go to task view. However it had been working fine for 2 months. Very recently my pc would be working fine for a long time, i'll be using task view no problem. Then i'd go to...
  9. Stuck in Task View

Stuck in Task View: Some how I am in Task view. No Idea Why. or How ! Change all multitasking settings to off, as that is what I am in "multitasking" even though I am not. How do I get back to my normal desktop View ?...
  10. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?: Hi, I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and it looks like the icons got smaller by default in the "details" view in the File Explorer. Problem: My problem is that now the overlay icons which are used by TortoiseSVN do not seem to show anymore in the "details" view (when...