Windows 10: desktop icons

Discus and support desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; on seven if i right click on desktop and go to personalize, i click on check boxs to put the icons on desktop, like my computer,network, control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjabrantes, Aug 4, 2015.

1. desktop icons

on seven if i right click on desktop and go to personalize, i click on check boxs to put the icons on desktop, like my computer,network, control painel.

how do i do that on win 10 ?

:)

fjabrantes, Aug 4, 2015

2. copying to disc

In Windows 10 the My Computer icon is called “This PC”.

If this icon is missing in your computer -

Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize, then click on “Change Desktop Icons” on the left-hand side of the screen

In the Desktop Icons panel you can choose which of the built-in icons to show on the desktop: > Check Computer

E for Excel, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Cicero564 Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Re-Arrange - Possible way to restore.

My desktop icons have, intermittently, re-arranged to the left of the screen, more than a few times, very annoying.

Try these steps:

Right click on an empty part of the desktop.

Select View.

Ensure both Auto Arrange Icons & Align Icons to Grid are unchecked.

Uncheck Show desktop icons. (Desktop icons should disappear)

Re-Check Show desktop icons

In my case, the desktop icons re-appeared and in their prior locations.

Good luck.

Cicero564, Aug 4, 2015
  4. desktop icons

Personalisation/Themes/Desktop Icons

Torquemada, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

desktop icons

1. desktop icons - Similar Threads - desktop icons

2. Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?: Although it wasn't nearly as good as the days of changing the system font, there was an area where one could change the size and style (bold, italicized etc) for menus, context menus etc. I can no longer find any way to do this. Is there a way? I'm assuming one still can't...
  3. desktop icons?

desktop icons?: how can I change the size of my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons/7a915ff0-ade8-4348-b891-b901a47acee8
  4. Desktop and Taskbar how to change size of icons

Desktop and Taskbar how to change size of icons: I currently have desktop icons and selected small for their size. Can I increase the size of the desktop and taskbar settings. I would like them about 25% larger....
  5. Setting font size for ONLY my desktop icons? (i.e., NOT for the rest of Windows apps.)

Setting font size for ONLY my desktop icons? (i.e., NOT for the rest of Windows apps.): In Windows 7, I could easily set the font type, size and special qualities for my Desktop (i.e., like BOLD, or Italics, etc.) How can I make similar changes in Windows 10 ... ONLY for my desktop font??? Thanks!...
  6. Floating Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Floating Desktop Icon: Ever since the installation of Win10 Build 18936 prerelease 190705-1333 I have an icon(This PC) on the upper left-hand corner of the desktop that moves from its spot after every reboot. I have changed the icon, move it manually and deleted and reinstalled. It is a Windows...
  7. The microsoft start button along with my other icons on the bottom of my desktop does not stay

The microsoft start button along with my other icons on the bottom of my desktop does not stay: Hi, The Microsoft start button along with my other icons on the bottom of my desktop does not stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-start-button-along-with-my-other/efd03d2b-780a-4fc6-96b9-3a440767639b
  8. The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?

The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?: The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?The new update installed with no creation of restore point. This is bad....
  9. Desktop icons moved on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop icons moved on startup: I just installed a Radeon 5700 XT and I have a monitor with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Every time I boot my system the icons get moved into what looks like an area 1366 x 768 or there about. I use DeskTopOK to restore my desktop but I am looking for better solution. The...
  10. user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...

user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...: mia culpa: in fiddling around the screen background and its apps vanished and I have a black screen with only the most basic icons (power, settings, docs …) I could go through the "reset" procedure but there must be a simpler way to recover the desktop config. Dave...