Windows 10: Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right

Discus and support Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First time seeing this kind of advert on Windows 10, minimal software installed so it's possible it's from Microsoft but they've so far only gradually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nicholai, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Nicholai Win User

Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right

First time seeing this kind of advert on Windows 10, minimal software installed so it's possible it's from Microsoft but they've so far only gradually been pushing adverts in the Start Menu. I want to believe it's adware that hasn't been picked up, but frankly they never create something so pleasing and minimal.

1: Have you seen this before?
    2: Do you know if this is part of Windows 10?

Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right [​IMG]

:)

Nicholai, Nov 18, 2015

2. Cannot print email messages from outlook

When looking at a Hotmail/Outlook email in Edge I also had the problem of intrusive adverts being included on the right of an email that I wanted to print.

I found that by selecting 'More' (three dots, far right of window under 'X' for close) and then selecting 'Internet Explorer' from the drop down menu, I was able to print the email without the adverts which apperared in the Edge version.

PatLewis32, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw

The adverts on this game are affecting the playing of it...and I'm buggered if I am paying 'x' amount of pounds to get rid of the adverts. I don't mind seeing adverts but, for example, when the Jeep advert pops up in the bottom right hand corner, I cannot
    moves the pieces properly. For goodness sake, over the years I, and millions like me, have made Microsoft the Multi billion company it is today! Enough already, Mr Gates!

MartinTopping, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right

I don't believe that's a built-in Windows 10 pop-up. My guess is you have some kind of software, likely something freeware, that's causing it.

DeaconFrost, Nov 18, 2015
  5. AndreyT Win User
    This is probably something you can suppress by disabling Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions -> Show app notifications (assuming that the culprit displays this as a standard Windows notification). But, of course, a better idea would be to figure out first what app is doing this.

AndreyT, Nov 18, 2015
  6. Mc Ruff Win User
    It looks like some form of malware try running something like Malwarebytes

Mc Ruff, Nov 18, 2015
  7. I have never seen anything like that, ever. I don't believe its Microsoft doing it. Even if it was I think they'd be trying to sell you an Xbox or Surface etc. I'd look in Settings > System > Notifications & actions, then look down at the bottom of the screen under "Show notifications from these apps". See what's listed there. Also check Settings > System Apps & features. Other places to look are Control panel programs and features.

alphanumeric, Nov 18, 2015
  8. Nicholai Win User

Thank you for the replies.
    I should have stated more clearly in my original post, when I meant adware that hadn't been picked up I had already ran AVG and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and both came back negative.
    I've not installed anything new in the last week or so and yesterday was the first time I've seen the ad, it's only came up once so far. I agree it seems incredibly unlikely Microsoft would show such a crappy ad when it's clear the route they're going down with the Store Start Menu ads.

The only applications I would blame for creating these have had notifications supressed because I didn't like them.

Edit: No spoiler tags or I'm an idiot. Removed two long lists of applications.

Nicholai, Nov 19, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    It could be an Outlook banner if you happened to be subscribed to some 'junk mail' by accident or on purpose.

Edwin, Nov 19, 2015
  10. I run Outlook, I've only seen the normal small blue notifications box. I think I'd have a look at any plugins or browser helpers etc in IE, if that's what you use. Go to manage addons and have a look around.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
  11. Nicholai Win User
    I haven't seen Outlook ever create notifications like that and I find it unlikely they would have one as a linked image with no header from a spam email, that would be just too hilarious.

I occasionally use Edge and usually Google Chrome. No add-ons possible for Edge afaik and only one for Chrome that I can't mention due to rule 13 of this forum. I'm not sure that extension would cause this however, it would be pretty widely reported.
    Second advert still hasn't shown up yet, If I hadn't taken a screenshot and posted here at this point I would have thought I'd dreamed it up.
    Also I never realised the Nova Scotia flag was a reversal with the coat of arms on it, that's cool.

Nicholai, Nov 19, 2015
  12. Nova Scotia (Latin for "New Scotland", pronounced in English as /ˌnoʊvə ˈskoʊʃə/) *Wink

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
  13. rimi Win User

I got exactly the same advert yesterday.

And like you I'm pretty careful.

I run Firefox with noscript plus every don't track me add on known to man.

14. rimi Win User
    And I don't have Outlook installed.

15. YOU
    You Win User
    This definitely isn't part of Windows 10. If 've run a full scan with Malwarebytes already (I reiterate, full scan), then try Dr. Web CureIt. Note that Threat Scan in Malwarebytes is actually what most antiviruses call "Quick Scan". It scans where malware usually is, not the entire computer. Do a custom scan and check all of the drives.

Thema:

1. Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right - Similar Threads - Desktop Intrusive Advert

2. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    INTRUSION: When the power supply is cut outside my door, my pc will get to shutdown. In this case a small battery plugged in my pc would be useful? Or any other good idea do you have? If so, it would be grateful to let me know how to do. Intrusions happen frequently even though when I...
  3. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTRUSION: When the power supply is cut outside my door, my pc will get to shutdown. In this case a small battery plugged in my pc would be useful? Or any other good idea do you have? If so, it would be grateful to let me know how to do. Intrusions happen frequently even though when I...
  4. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intrusive desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Intrusive desktops: Every so often, my PC stops what its doing and shows me large thumbnails of my active windows, plus "Desktop 1" and two empty "desktops." I think this started happening when I updated to Versioon 2004. How do I stop this nuisance? Running Ver 2004 Build 19041.508 166076
  6. Adverts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adverts: I have paid to remove ads, although they are not showing in games they are still appearing when I open the Internet home page. I was under the impression they would not appear, I'm sure when I paid it said no ads everywhere!...
  7. Adverts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adverts: Why do so many adverts crash the programs. For example tried to play Jigsaw and got an advert for Seekers Notes and the opportunity to down load. Clicking the "X" or "Buy" the only options both did not respond. So had to close and restart hoping that the same ad did not...
  8. Adverts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adverts: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and I think that the antivirus is Windows Defender. I am not using AVG or any other antivirus. My problem at the moment is that I am bombarded by adverts constantly and it is driving me nuts! I have spotted that there are a...
  9. What is the small Feedback icon in bottom right corner of desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the small Feedback icon in bottom right corner of desktop?: What is the small Feedback icon in bottom right corner of the desktop above the time and date all about? Intermittently it pops up and then disappears after a while without asking for any feedback on anything. I clicked on it out of curiosity earlier and the blue circle kept...
  10. The Notifications Center on the bottom right of the computer desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    The Notifications Center on the bottom right of the computer desktop: Hello, My question is about the Notifications Center on the bottom right of the computer desktop. Is there any way to just turn this thing OFF? I find it to be so annoying. And even if I put it on 'Quiet Hours' it just keeps on with it. It doesn't continue to 'pop up'...