Windows 10: Desktop is black after uninstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop is black after uninstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need help getting my Dell PC function in again after uninstalling Windows 10. Was using Windows 7. I can't use F8. All I get is flashing cursor. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Charliekatz, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Desktop is black after uninstalling Windows 10

I need help getting my Dell PC function in again after uninstalling Windows 10. Was using Windows 7. I can't use F8. All I get is flashing cursor. When I manage to get to safe mode, nothing happens. It goes right back to blank black screen. Please help!!

:)

Charliekatz, Oct 10, 2015
  2. 24lj24 Win User

BLACK SCREEN ON DESKTOP MONITOR IN WINDOWS 10 AFTER ADDING MICROSOFT UPDATE

I am running Windows 10 on my desktop pc.

On October 14, 2017 after downloading the offered Windows update my desktop pc has a black screen after the login screen appears.

I can enter my password, but then the screen goes black with only a cursor.

Since the update the monitor appears slightly off. The monitor provides a screen with a black frame around it.

I would like to uninstall this update after I can get the pc working again.

I do not have the Windows 10 OS disk.

I am a novice.

Any advice would be helpful.

24lj24, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 black screen

Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I have a really strange problem. When I start my pc, after windows logo, I am able to see the login screen for 2 sec an then is going black with no cursor. One time I successfully enter in desktop
    but it still switching from my screen to black, ending with black screen.

I tried to enter safe mod, It works, I uninstalled the graphics driver and after that I had no problem with starting. But after installing the official newest driver from Nvidia I've got same problem.... Can't enter the desktop, if I can it's also useless
    because it will turn black. Please help me. My specs : amd fx 6300 gtx 550ti and asrock mobo

UrsescuIonut, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Desktop is black after uninstalling Windows 10

Hi there Charlie,how exactly did you uninstall Windows?

proudtobegreek, Oct 11, 2015
  5. I followed the prompts for restoring to previous Windows in Windows 10. It said it might take awhile, so after I answered the questions I left my PC. When I came back, it was just the blank screen. The F2 and F 12 option comes up, but I don't know enough to use them

Charliekatz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop is black after uninstalling Windows 10

1. Desktop is black after uninstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop black uninstalling

2. Windows 10 black screen before login after Libre office uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen before login after Libre office uninstall: Hello,I am having an issue with the laptop, after uninstalling Libre office through Uninstall or change program in control panel I get the spinning dots, and then instead of the login screen I get a black screen, I can see the mouse and it sometimes has the blue spinner next...
  3. Windows 10 black screen before login after Libre office uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen before login after Libre office uninstall: Hello,I am having an issue with the laptop, after uninstalling Libre office through Uninstall or change program in control panel I get the spinning dots, and then instead of the login screen I get a black screen, I can see the mouse and it sometimes has the blue spinner next...
  4. Windows 10 black screen before login after Libre office uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Black box on Windows 10 Desktop: Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your desktop and feeling it is covering a major portion of your desktop? Then, this is the guide for you to fix it. A small number of...
  6. Windows 10, Black screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Black screen in desktop: Hi friends, Suddenly, the black screen appeared in my desktop screen. During that time, internet is connected in desktop from my smart phone and my son, he is downloading a game it seems. Initially, a white curser appeared without blinking but after restart its not...
  7. My windows 10 desktop went black after signing in

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 desktop went black after signing in: After singing into my windows 10 it displayed black screen with my Apps on their regular positions , I shut it down and restarted multiple times and the issue persisted. I went to setting and changed display background colour to typical window 10 blue background. On return...
  8. Black empty desktop windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black empty desktop windows 10: i have a dell g5 computer that i had just restarted to get rid of a bunch of files. After setting the computer up again and entering my pin it brought me to a mostly empty black desktop saying it could not find the windows desktop file and that i needed the drive or usb but i...
  9. Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update: Desktop just black after logging in after new Windows 10 update. How can microsoft keep doing, this releasing poorly finished automatic updates that renders computers uselss? Wasting my time and money when i should be running my business. It is absolutely pathetic....
  10. Windows 10 black screen - no desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black screen - no desktop: I recently installed Windows 10 retail on a new Asus Hero vII. Everything worked well for a while and I was able to install software. Now, I suddenly get a black screen on startup. I type in my Pin and I see my usual desktop background photo, but there are no icons. Also,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop is blank after uninstalling tortoise