Windows 10: Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version)

Discus and support Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and it appears that I had a recent update. Here is my story in outline form 1) About two days ago after logging in to my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHouvenagle, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version)

I have Windows 10 and it appears that I had a recent update.

Here is my story in outline form

1) About two days ago after logging in to my Windows 10 account, the result was flashing black and white with an error message I could not read.

2) I sought to address the flashing problem which according to this forum was caused by one of three app issues. I decided to go in the direction of IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and fix that problem.

3) The new problem is the error message is c\windows\system32\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible Access is denied.

a) the screen is black and the only icon visible is the recycle bin.

b) I can access exit my account with a [crtl-alt-delete] using task manager.

4) I can enter my account using safe mode.

a) I can access my files.

b) but I cannot print.

5) My son was able to create a new account and I can access the internet but it does not have access to my files.

6) I have tried system restore three times and have attempted to go back 21 days.

a) I get an error message saying System Restore failed to extract the file: (D:\Widnows\assembly\Nativeimages_v4.0.30319_23\Temp\Se0-0\Accessibility.dll) from the restore point. In unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (px80071160).

I would like to fix my problem so I can have my desktop back with all of the access I had before the problem.

I am open to your suggestions.

:)

DavidHouvenagle, Aug 8, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Remote access denied.

Hi Paul,

To resolve your concern about remote access denied, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo+R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc on the Run box.
    • Open Remote Desktop Services.
    • Go to the Log On tab.
    • Select This account: Network Service.
    • Click Apply, and then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version)

Radney Dri, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version)

1. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version) - Similar Threads - Desktop accessible Access

2. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10: Hello, i have windows 10 and I dont know what happened but when i turned it on today few wierd things happened.1. my desktop is black and i have only recycle bin icon on it2. My keyboard language has been switched3. When i go into file explorer > this computer > desktop It...
  3. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10: Hello, i have windows 10 and I dont know what happened but when i turned it on today few wierd things happened.1. my desktop is black and i have only recycle bin icon on it2. My keyboard language has been switched3. When i go into file explorer > this computer > desktop It...
  4. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window 10 access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 access is denied: I found my computer try in to boot but goes to a blue screen then trying to repair it but is not working.Then I want to command prompt and I try to run bootrec.exe/fix boot I got access denied.Then I trough DiskpartI rename the Valium in my case drive c: where I thing the...
  6. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied: It all started when i tried to update Intel graphics card after installing the update I restarted my laptop and a error pop up and said trying to resolve issue, then it would load and fail when I tried to put my laptop on safe mode it would go to the desktop but this would...
  7. E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10: I urgently need some help with my system. I am not able to access E drive. I locked with bitlocker. Even Bitlocker manager is not visible in my system. When ever I like on Bitlocker manager nothing my device is not responding. Even i tried in safe mode and also system...
  8. desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied"

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied": My computer has 2 drives C: windows 10 came with computer and D: windows 10 from my old laptop. I boot from D sometimes to use previously installed programs. When I tried to boot from C drive I noticed the pop up saying "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not...
  9. Dell Inspiron PC Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron PC Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied: Hello. My Dell PC is not working properly. It says Location is not available. Then underneath it says C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible . Access Denied Please help. Thank you, Jasnielka...
  10. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied: After the latest update, I now cannot login and keep getting the system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied I have tried going back to a previous version by using the Start/Shift Key which allows me to get to the troubleshoot page -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop access denied windows 10

2. desktop is not accessible

3. Desktop is not accessible Access is denied

4. desktop not accessible windows 10,
  5. desktop access denied,
  6. desktop is not accessible windows 10,
  7. windows 10 desktop access denied,
  8. desktop not accessible,
  9. windows 10 desktop is not accessible,
  10. desktop is not accessible access is denied windows 10,
  11. access to desktop is denied,