Windows 10: Desktop issues

Discus and support Desktop issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently changed my RTC battery on my Toshiba laptop. On Jan 1, or yesterday, I logged on only to see that my desktop has been changed and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Woo Jia Hao, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Desktop issues

Hello, I recently changed my RTC battery on my Toshiba laptop. On Jan 1, or yesterday, I logged on only to see that my desktop has been changed and I lost all application data, like the applications are still there but I have lost their data such as I have to re-enter the registration for Microsoft Office 2013. I am running Windows 10.

When I open the file explorer, the Quick Access displays the desktop as a folder which is under This PC/C:/Users/Default/Desktop instead of the default /Users/User/Desktop.

I still have the files and folders in the Users/User folder!

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you! And happy 2016! *Smile

:)

Woo Jia Hao, Jan 1, 2016

2. desktop issue

No unsupported documents stored in lumia 620 and are invisible,,,even a format like, .ctk file add to sd card then windows phone not showing it, how to see it from phone

Subratalive, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    desktop issue

Windows Phone is not Windows. There is no desktop or file explorer.

Entegy, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Desktop issues

1. Desktop issues - Similar Threads - Desktop issues

2. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  3. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  4. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  5. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  6. Desktop sync issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop sync issues: So i have a basic subscription plan for onedrive which means I have 100gb of cloud storage, however, I've recently found that my desktop takes 30gb of its storage, and I can't unsync it without losing all my desktop icons, if I unlink onedrive I lose all my documents; if...
  7. Desktop sync issues

Desktop sync issues: So i have a basic subscription plan for onedrive which means I have 100gb of cloud storage, however, I've recently found that my desktop takes 30gb of its storage, and I can't unsync it without losing all my desktop icons, if I unlink onedrive I lose all my documents; if...
  8. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  9. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  10. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging