Windows 10: Desktop items scaling wrongly on first starup up

Discus and support Desktop items scaling wrongly on first starup up in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am currently using a Samsung 40" TV UA40H5008 (1080p) as monitor, Graphic card R9 280X with latest Catalyst 15.7.1, running AMD VSR uping resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xonedl, Aug 31, 2015.

1. xonedl Win User

Desktop items scaling wrongly on first starup up

I am currently using a Samsung 40" TV UA40H5008 (1080p) as monitor,
    Graphic card R9 280X with latest Catalyst 15.7.1, running AMD VSR uping resolution to 1440p.
    Windows scaling to 100%.

The strange thing about the visual is, on every first start up (after a compete shut down), some items on the screen are wrongly scaled. Refer pic below:

Wrong scaling:

Desktop items scaling wrongly on first starup up [​IMG]

Correct scaling:

Desktop items scaling wrongly on first starup up [​IMG]

The only thing that seems wrongly scaled are desktop icons and NetSpeedMonitor tool on my taskbar.
    I double checked resolution and scaling settings and they are indeed correct on 1440p and 100% scaling - changing scaling and resolution do not fix the problem. Only by restarting once, will the problem go away.

Any idea?

:)

xonedl, Aug 31, 2015

2. Everything is Enlarged in Windows 10

Hello,

Please try this; it could be that the desktop scaling got to big

1: Go To Settings > System > Display

2: Check and make sure the desktop scaling is set to 100%

They call it "Change the size of text, and other items:"

1029rjmenvy17t2, Aug 31, 2015
  3. gertrude's servantY

What screen resolution are you running? you have several options of turning dpi up and enlarging font size.

* Right click desktop -> Display settings

* Click Advanced settings, then click 'Advanced sizing of text and other items'

Here you can change test size, you can also click 'Change display settings' and then click 'make text and other items larger or smaller' , click scaling level. You can change from 100% to a higher % to make items larger on the desktop.

Kevin C [MSFT], Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Desktop items scaling wrongly on first starup up

1. Desktop items scaling wrongly on first starup up - Similar Threads - Desktop items scaling

2. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  3. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  4. Accidentally purchasing the wrong item

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally purchasing the wrong item: I purchased a Xbox controller from the Microsoft store , however it was not the controller I wanted so as soon as I realised I cancelled the purchase but I was still charged for it , after I received an email that said that they had cancelled my order and had not charged me...
  5. Accidentally purchasing the wrong item

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally purchasing the wrong item: I purchased a Xbox controller from the Microsoft store , however it was not the controller I wanted so as soon as I realised I cancelled the purchase but I was still charged for it , after I received an email that said that they had cancelled my order and had not charged me...
  6. Accidentally purchasing the wrong item

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. starup not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    starup not showing: hi can anyone please help me the startup in task manager was empty it shows there are no startup items on displayi have try the method C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup delete and recreate that folder but it didnt fix my problem...
  8. Some apps scale are wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps scale are wrong: Hi, after a system reboot, some of my applications had a weird scale applied to them, like if it was 150% instead of 100%. (see the attached images) I've tried uninstalling my drivers and changing my resolution and scale. it's almost like the scale was stuck 50% higher than...
  9. Wrong Windows 10 scaling at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong Windows 10 scaling at 100%: Hello, I was changing settings for my secondary monitor 4K TV in Windows 10, when i noticed my main monitor was changed from the default 100% to "300% recommended" scaling, which is weird because its a 24" 1080p monitor, so i shouldn't need to use any scaling at all not...
  10. explorer.exe error on starup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe error on starup: Hi, Getting the below error when starting up my pc however explorer seems to be working fine. [ATTACH] Additionally, it seems that when I try to open some applications the window for these applications just suddenly closes and I would have to reopen such. However it...