Windows 10: Desktop keeps "shutting down"

Discus and support Desktop keeps "shutting down" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been experiencing a problem with the computer shutting down multiple times a day. Sometimes when I am using QuickBooks, sometimes when using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by taylorcoolidge, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Desktop keeps "shutting down"

I have been experiencing a problem with the computer shutting down multiple times a day. Sometimes when I am using QuickBooks, sometimes when using the internet, Word and so one. When it restart the computer all the windows are saved when I open the programs again. Its only about a year old and has 80 or 851 GB used. I have checked for overheating and it doesn't seem to be that. It is an XPS 8910, DESKTOP-UJ265SV.

:)

taylorcoolidge, Jul 17, 2018

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Quick Access is shut off but the icon keeps appearing on the desktop until I refresh

Quick Access is shut off but the icon keeps appearing on the desktop until I refresh

Just another bug in the long list of windows 10 bugs?

Admrl Ackbar, Jul 17, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Desktop keeps "shutting down"

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Desktop keeps "shutting down"

1. Desktop keeps "shutting down" - Similar Threads - Desktop keeps shutting

2. Tablet Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Keeps Shutting Down: This just started a few days ago. I have this Windows 8.1 tablet, 32 bit Intel processor, 2G RAM, 64G disk with 93MB free space. It just started shutting down. As I power up, after a typical boot time and as the screens start to settle down, the screen will go blank except...
  3. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  4. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  5. Computer keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down: Hi, My computer keeps shutting down every few days while I am working. This has never happened before. Is there any way to stop this from re-occuring and losing documents I am working on. Thanks...
  6. Computer keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down.: I've had this computer for about a year and a half, it has random shutdowns and I've been unable to identify the source of the problem: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P Memory: 32 GB [8 GB...
  7. Printer keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer keeps shutting down: I can't find where to keep it on. It keeps turning off. I go to print from my iPad and find the printer is off. Very frustrating. I would like it to stay on....
  8. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  9. Desktop randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop randomly shuts down: I've been having this issue, where my computer will randomly lose power without warning(or at least that's what it acts like). I'm not sure what is causing it, but I tested the power supply with a multimeter and the voltage is well above the needed amount. when it happens, my...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...