Windows 10: Desktop Login

Discus and support Desktop Login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone help as how to disable my password to log in. I only wanted to try it out but now can't disable it. Any advice will be greatly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RositaLevy, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Desktop Login

Hi, can anyone help as how to disable my password to log in. I only wanted to try it out but now can't disable it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

:)

RositaLevy, Aug 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Desktop Login

Cant login to the desktop!

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to know do you have any other user account to log in to the computer.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below step.

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the
    Built-in Admin account and create a new local account.

• Insert Windows 10 installation media and restart the computer.
    • Swipe F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.
    • Once the Windows Setup appears, follow these steps:
    • Swipe Next and select Repair your computer.
    • Then you will see a blue screen and an option to choose.
    • Choose the option Troubleshoot and select Advanced options.
    • Select Command prompt
    • Type: net user administrator /active: yes
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

After you reach the login screen, click on Administrator account at the login screen. From Built in administrator account, create a new user account and transfer all the user profile data of the old account (The account which you are not able
    to log in).

Step 2: Create a user account

I recommend you to create a new user account from inbuilt admin account. Follow the step below.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on Add button and select Sign in without a Microsoft account.
    • Now click on Local account and follow the on screen to create the local account.
    Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Login

1. Desktop Login - Similar Threads - Desktop Login

2. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  3. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  4. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  6. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  7. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  9. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  10. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security