Windows 10: Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working

Discus and support Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there, Have been having this problem for a while. I'll try to make a long story short. I'm on a personal build computer running x58 chipset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheMayo, Aug 10, 2016.

1. TheMayo Win User

Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working

Hey there,

Have been having this problem for a while. I'll try to make a long story short. I'm on a personal build computer running x58 chipset. Originally installed Windows 7. Have upgraded to 8, 8.1, 10, and then 10 anniversary addition.

The problems started once I upgraded to Windows 10.

When the computer goes idle for the day (leave for work, come home later in the day) the desktop, which is connected via ethernet, has lost it's connection and will only come back after a reboot. Troubleshooting doesn't work, and trying to disable and re-enable the NIC card doesn't work.

Once the desktop loses its connection, every device that is connected via wifi will show that it is connected, but will not load anything. As soon as I reboot the desktop, everything works fine. I DO NOT need to reboot the modem or router.

I have searched over and over and over, and have determined it is not a modem problem(comcast eMTA, in bridge mode), or a router problem (Asus RT-AC68P) so it must be a driver problem for my NIC card. I cannot for the life of me find a Marvell Yukon 88E8056 windows 10 supported driver to see if that is the issue. Maybe there are settings in the NIC card properties I need to change?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TheMayo, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Tjarc2525 Win User

ETHERNET NOT WORKING - WIfi works fine .

Hey Guys

Recently I brought and built a computer. We have ultra-fast fibre internet and I recently tried to connect an Ethernet cable to this and is doesn’t work.

I get “Unidentified network“ and “no internet” next to the Ethernet logo, with the yellow triangle after pluggin the cable in.

My desktop connects absolutely fine to the wifi through a wireless adapter when I put this in the desktop but it doesn’t through the Ethernet cable.

The Ethernet cable works absolutely fine on other devices as well and we have tried every port of the modem for both the desktop and other devices. It works in every port for other devices and none on the computer,
    hence it must not be a problem with the modem.

I have also updated the Ethernet driver and it says it up to date also.

Any help or steps to solve all of this would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers

Tjarc2525, Aug 10, 2016
  3. My desktop suddenly stopped receiving the internet using my ethernet connection but is okay using Wifi. Troubleshooter says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration. What does that mean.

My desktop suddenly stopped receiving the internet using my ethernet connection but is okay using Wifi. Troubleshooter says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration. What does that mean.

EagleScout6614, Aug 10, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is most likely going into a Hybernate state, not a sleep state. You can try and remove the device and the drivers to see if that fixes it. Also make sure that Hibernate is disabled, by opening up a Command Window as Admin and run the following command: powercfg /hibernate off

bro67, Aug 10, 2016
  5. TheMayo Win User
    I have disabled hibernation. I will let you know if this solves the problem. Thanks for the help.

TheMayo, Aug 10, 2016
  6. SEP555 Win User
    I have the same problem, powermgmt has everything remain on. Wifi connects for a minute before loosing internet. Only works again for a minute when rebooted.

Ive just got hold of a long ethernet cable so i was able to test ethernet, same issue.

So there is a new setting in firewall or services that blocks connection. A setting that wasnt in build 1511 but is in 1607

SEP555, Aug 10, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    The firewall has nothing to do with Services. Firewalls are for managing incoming and outgoing connections through ports. You need to first start your own thread not hi-jack another party's thread. You also need to make sure that the adapters are set to not allow to bring the OS out of sleep or place into sleep, along with WOL is disabled. Last is update your drivers from either the motherboard mfg if custom built or the OEM if purchased from say HP, Dell, Lenovo.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working - Similar Threads - Desktop loses internet

2. Wifi & Ethernet connected with no connection. But it seems to working fine on my other device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi & Ethernet connected with no connection. But it seems to working fine on my other device.: This problem has been around for 1 month now. The first thing I do was buying a new Wi-Fi adapter. The problem is somewhat solved but suddenly, my PC can't connect again. Here's the summary:- My PC is connected to my home Wi-Fi, but no connection. The same happen with the LAN...
  3. Wifi & Ethernet connected with no connection. But it seems to working fine on my other device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi & Ethernet connected with no connection. But it seems to working fine on my other device.: This problem has been around for 1 month now. The first thing I do was buying a new Wi-Fi adapter. The problem is somewhat solved but suddenly, my PC can't connect again. Here's the summary:- My PC is connected to my home Wi-Fi, but no connection. The same happen with the LAN...
  4. Wifi & Ethernet connected with no connection. But it seems to working fine on my other device.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet: Hello,I have been suffering from this problem and I am going to lose my mind because of it!I have searched and tried many methods from different resources and none worked for me, including but not limited to Microsoft's...
  6. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet: Hello,I have been suffering from this problem and I am going to lose my mind because of it!I have searched and tried many methods from different resources and none worked for me, including but not limited to Microsoft's...
  7. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

8. Ethernet overriding other devices on WIFI

Ethernet overriding other devices on WIFI: Hi, A bit of a weird one and forgive me if its a bit confused.I've noticed that recently when I use my desktop PC running Windows 10 on an Ethernet connection it seems to override everything else on the network. Is there some sort of setting I have enabled by accident?An...
  9. Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices): So it just happens 100% random out of no where and I get this error: (note i ripped this image off google but this is the exact thing that happens) [img] so I found TWO temporary fixes. One: unplug router / modem for 10 sec and replug Two: Go to the network...
  10. No internet on ethernet, wifi works

No internet on ethernet, wifi works: This happened suddenly this morning. Connections and internet were working fine until it didn't. This may have started shortly after I disconnected from my VPN, but I can't be sure. Important: this behavior is happening on 2 ethernet connected PCs. WiFi works fine on the...