Windows 10: desktop lost its network mind

Discus and support desktop lost its network mind in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers. FE can see other devices - media My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Jun 16, 2018.

1. ruggb Win User

desktop lost its network mind

File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers.
    FE can see other devices - media
    My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the media but not the NAS.
    Other computers see everything including the desktop - and can open them.
    I toggled Network Discovery - no help, but now FE is showing only media devices and printers with no headings.

If I type in the \\NAS.......it will open the NAS or computer.

It has been working, what changed?

:)

ruggb, Jun 16, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 desktop suddenly lost network.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to run network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

You may be facing the above issue due to the non-updated or in-compatible network adapter installed on your PC. Sometimes running a simple troubleshooter will resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    network adapter troubleshooter
    by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Network Adapter,click on
      Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• After the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persist, update theNetwork Adapter driver manually from
    Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the network adapter driver and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Refer to the links below on,

Can't detect wireless network after upgrading to Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 16, 2018
  4. desktop lost its network mind

Network connection lost - but still there

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when network drivers are not updated.

I suggest you try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

desktop lost its network mind

1. desktop lost its network mind - Similar Threads - desktop lost network

2. BitLocker Lost Its Mind - Encrypting iSCSI LUNs despite being disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Lost Its Mind - Encrypting iSCSI LUNs despite being disabled: Hi Community,I recently rebuild a new Windows 11 server for my home media system. At first, everything was fine. I migrated the media data LUNs from a Synology NAS and repointed them to my new Windows host. Now it seems BitLocker is encrypting the fixed disks, despite the...
  3. Taskbar is losting its mind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is losting its mind: My taskbar is always stuck don't hide anymore after I show hidden icons. And I have "Auto-hide taskbar" enabled. The problem happened after I updated to Beta Review 22623.875 ni_release.I can't send the video has my problem ;-;...
  4. Taskbar is losting its mind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is losting its mind: My taskbar is always stuck don't hide anymore after I show hidden icons. And I have "Auto-hide taskbar" enabled. The problem happened after I updated to Beta Review 22623.875 ni_release.I can't send the video has my problem ;-;...
  5. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  6. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  7. Has My Windows Lost Its Mind?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has My Windows Lost Its Mind?: Hello everyone. I recently updated my Windows 10 to version 1903. Afterwards my RAM speed decreased (or at least it seems so). I have 2x8 gb 3000 Mhz RAM. Before the update Task Manager showed its speed as 3000. Now it's 1500. Why is this so? 139435
  8. Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own: I have finally grown beyond weary of having to disable the touchpad on my laptop every boot up. *Mad I am posting here as I am just assuming the issue is Windows 10 and not the laptop. This is my 3rd laptop... so I'm not totally new to them, and is why I've become frustrated...
  9. MICROSOFT HAS LOST THEIR MIND

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT HAS LOST THEIR MIND: Why is my windows 10 AUTOMATICALLY linking to my email account. I was never told this was going to happen. I would not buy a windows 10 computer had I known about this. I was never asked permission and I need some one to tell me how to delete, turn off, etc......
  10. Desktop lost its network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop lost its network: File Explorer on my desktop cannot see any network computers. FE can see other devices - media My NAS is a computer and a media device so it sees the media but not the NAS. Other computers see everything including the desktop - and can open them. I toggled Network Discovery -...